Customer Service 866.965.0400

Coat of Buttery Wax on the Truck!

KodiakBlack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great looking truck. how do you like those tires and how are they wearing for you?

the tires are amazing, rims eh not so much. the tires have about 15,000 on them and still have plenty of meat left. They are AWESOME in the snow/mud/rain. i havnt had any problems with traction what-so-ever with these tires! they are also a little loud on the road after they are wore in.

ok well i tried doing a coat of wax on half my hood of the SS. i only used about a dime-sized drop with some DS and did half of my hood. let it dry for ehhh id say 15 mins(went to the store) came back. and i STILL needed DS to get the old residue off...

ok well i tried doing a coat of wax on half my hood of the SS. i only used about a dime-sized drop with some DS and did half of my hood. let it dry for ehhh id say 15 mins(went to the store) came back. and i STILL needed DS to get the old residue off...

What do you mean by "a dime-sized drop with some DS" ?

What was the temp when you were doing it ? Was it humid ? It will wipe off like a fine layer of dust if cured. Do the other half of the hood and wait a half an hour this time. Then just test a small spot with your finger to see if it is cured.

What do you mean by "a dime-sized drop with some DS" ?

i only used about a dime-sized drop of BW, but i also sprayed the pad with DS to make it a little easier

What was the temp when you were doing it ? Was it humid ? It will wipe off like a fine layer of dust if cured. Do the other half of the hood and wait a half an hour this time. Then just test a small spot with your finger to see if it is cured.

the temperature was maybe 70* out not even, humidity wasnt that high, the hood was cool to touch(not hot)

The BW seemed to haze up, but it didnt seem to powder up. When i glided my MF over the haze it didnt come right off. Should i have waited longer?

i did another detail. used Buttery Wax on the whole truck and waited probably about 30 mins- 1 hour before it came off. and STILL left marks. i had to use DS to get most of them out. i give up on it. im never using it ever again. very unsatisfied..

i did another detail. used Buttery Wax on the whole truck and waited probably about 30 mins- 1 hour before it came off. and STILL left marks. i had to use DS to get most of them out. i give up on it. im never using it ever again. very unsatisfied..

HOw long have you had this. Did it stay in over heated or cold tempatures to make it separate. Call ashly she will make it right. maybe you got a bad batch.

Where do you live Jordan ?

New York

HOw long have you had this. Did it stay in over heated or cold tempatures to make it separate. Call ashly she will make it right. maybe you got a bad batch.

its not even a month old...

How far are you from Carlisle ? Or from Frank in New Jersey ?

4 & 1/2 from Carlisle. i might be going to the ATN's next month. but the guys over at FSC.com seem to be offended by me after someone left a cruddy comment about my comment. soo idk :help:

4 & 1/2 from Carlisle. i might be going to the ATN's next month. but the guys over at FSC.com seem to be offended by me after someone left a cruddy comment about my comment. soo idk :help:

Don't worry about it, people get offended all the time on the internet, they'll get over it :D:D:D

Now lets get back to your problem. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with getting Buttery Wax off before. Do you know of any other members close to you ?

Don't worry about it, people get offended all the time on the internet, they'll get over it :D:D:D

Now lets get back to your problem. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with getting Buttery Wax off before. Do you know of any other members close to you ?

nope im the only person that i know of in my area/that ive personally met that have used Adam's. I dont understand why im having such a cruddy time with this wax. i MUST be doing something wrong...

nope im the only person that i know of in my area/that ive personally met that have used Adam's. I dont understand why im having such a cruddy time with this wax. i MUST be doing something wrong...

You probably are. If you followed Bill's advice, then the only other variable is the towel you're using to remove the product with. You are probably using the same towel to remove the wax that you used the first time you applied BW. The first time you applied it, you used way to much product. Now, all that excess product is in the towel you're using and you are somewhat reapplying old BW while trying to remove new BW.

Start with a fresh towel. Thoroughly wipe half the hood down with detail spray and a clean towel. Next, apply a very thin layer of BW and allow it to dry the proper amount of time. Using another clean towel, wipe of the applied BW and notice that it doesn't smear up. You have to constantly flip your towels when removing wax and it is going to take way more than one towel to do a truck.

Let us know what happens.

Hi KodiakBlack,

Thank you for taking my call today and I look forward to chatting with you later on.

We will take care of you and make sure this problem gets resolved. :2thumbs:

Also, thank you to everyone who is giving tips trying to solve the problem!

You are the best!!! :rockon:

Hi KodiakBlack,

Thank you for taking my call today and I look forward to chatting with you later on.

We will take care of you and make sure this problem gets resolved. :2thumbs:

Also, thank you to everyone who is giving tips trying to solve the problem!

You are the best!!! :rockon:

sorry i didnt get a chance to call you back after trying anything new. i did not get a chance to try any of the wax with anything you said. i did boil a MF and Applicator tho. so maybe this afternoon if its not raining ill give it a shot! thanks for all your help Ashley, and everyone else! ill keep ya posted.