Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Junkman - Putting Adam's Products to the Test!

Junkman2008

Question

So...

I'm under the car changing the oil and I'm looking at all the oil left behind the last time I changed the oil and didn't tighten the oil filter tight enough. I didn't realize that it looked so bad:

oil_filter_leak.jpg

So, while I was up under there, I thought that this would be a good time to see if a little product that I had from Adam's was worth the bottle it was packaged in. After all, I'm a firm believer in whomever does everything, cannot do one thing very well. We have seen what Adam's polishes can do for your paint, but what do they know about undercarriage care? Thus, I broke out a bottle of their Invisible Under Carriage Spray. Keep in mind that this products is made to use on your wheel wells and such but I was curious to see what it would do on the actual undercarriage.

adams_ucs.jpg

So I liberally sprayed the area that was soaked with oil. I was in no mood to be scrubbing anything this evening so I just let it soak in and rinsed it off with cold water from the garden hose. This is what happened:

oil_filter_leak2.jpg

Now, a picture is worth a thousand words so there is no need for me to say anything. But just imagine if I had actually picked up a scrub brush and halfway tried to get it cleaner. Plus this stuff smells so good, I wanted to drink it. You know how bad your engine smells after using some of the crap they have on the market (especially Gunk Engine Cleaner)? No more of that crap for me.

Oh that's right, I wasn't going to say anything... :D

I recognize a C5 undercarriage when I see one and I would imagine with the red calipers, it's a Z06 to boot! Am I right?

The Under Carriage Spray does a nice job! I need to add that to my shopping list.

So close you are! That's definitely a C5 but not a Z06. I personally painted those calipers myself!

finishedcaliper_small.jpg

I always thought i smelt a solvent in the UC Spray and this is proof that there must be some type of solvent in it.

The only thing I smelled was grape juice! Yummy!

I never would have thought to use a dressing as a cleaner. If UCS worked that well imagine how good the APC would have done :lolsmack:

Yep, if it works this well with the oil pan, just imagine how good it will be in your wheel wells!

The only thing I smelled was grape juice! Yummy!

Yep, if it works this well with the oil pan, just imagine how good it will be in your wheel wells!

I've been using it in my wheel wells for a long time and love it :thumbsup:

YEA! I always think of Grape Kool-Aid

I wonder if Adam picked out his favorite things as a kid and made the scents we all love detailing our rides with?

It's funny that you say that. I have distinctive and fond memories when I smell Amor-All. Although I don't use the product anymore, I spent a many hour back in the 80's detailing my cars. Life was simpler then and the smell of that product sometimes takes me back to those days.

I wonder if I will develop those same types of memories with Adam's products. The scent is definitely there to impact the memory process and I'm detailing my favorite car, so 20 years from now I would like to think that the smell of grape Kool-Aid will take me back to the days when I first discovered Adam's products.

The story has yet to be told, but I'm along for the ride! :2thumbs:

Welch's Grape Soda! My childhood favorite! Still today, every time I use the Undercarriage Spray, it reminds me of the paper route.

I'd stop after delivering papers at the convenience store in San Juan Capistrano for a can of it, and a pack of Now & Laters! It was 1979 -1980, the good old days.

Anyone else with me here??:D

Edited by Adam

Oh man, did you ever just tell your age! Now & Laters was the candy to have in church when I was a kid! Welch's? That is still one of my favorites although I can't drink it like I want with all that sugar in it. :(

A paper route in San Juan Capistrano. Man did you have it good as a kid! When I lived in Cali from 83-91, that was one of my favorite places. :2thumbs: