Customer Service 866.965.0400

2 questions..help please

KrazyTrain

Question

1) i manged to get some americana on the edges of the decals on my truck. I keep cleaning it off with my fingernail but it keeps coming back, Is there a trick to removing left over wax from the edges of decals?

2) along the same lines as #1, i was just a little sloppy when i waxed the truck and on a couple of the plastic pieces i got a small amount of wax on them (black trim now has a couple spots of white wax) i have scrubbed the heck out of it but it keeps coming back. Are there any tips? can i use APC on the plastic to remove it?

I know i messed up, and really it isnt alot but i do notice it in a couple of areas.

Please and thank you

:bow:

9 answers to this question

I've had very good results with a toothbrush and Green Wheel Cleaner on removing polish and wax residue that got onto black plastic trim, moldings, door handles, etc. I found it works better than just using a towel especially if the trim has a rough texture with lots of tiny grooves where wax could get stuck.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your business!

The APC will work on the plastic. You can use a soft brush or tooth brush. Just make sure you follow it up with some VRT and you should be all set! :xfingers:

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Everybody answered your question already. Just wrote this so i feel like i belong :jester:

Thanks for the help Jesse i can always count on you :thumbsup::lol:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your business!

The APC will work on the plastic. You can use a soft brush or tooth brush. Just make sure you follow it up with some VRT and you should be all set! :xfingers:

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks Ashley, this seems the easiest so ill try it first. :thumbsup:

I have waxed over plastic by accident and with Americana and have not noticed any white residue?

Maybe it was the MSW first coat i put on :willy:

Thnaks everyone for the quick help..... I love this forum!!:banana: