Customer Service 866.965.0400

Under the hood pad - clean it?

ditttoo

Question

I noticed on one of Adam's videos that he seems to be spraying APC onto the insulation pad under the hood following with a hose spray and blast. Do you really clean this? I can only imagine the grease, oil, grit, etc., but what specifically is the process? Looks like you just "spray and wash with the APC". Is this right?

Having never attempted this, my concern would be "tearing up" the insulation. Tips, tricks, advice please.

10 answers to this question

My hoodliner is custom painted, so I've never cleaned it. But I found that the Interior Brush works great on it. Brushes off the dust and dirt real well. Hard enough to remove the dirt, soft enough not to hurt the material. I just use a damp cloth with a little bit of hand soap for any spots.

000_1134.jpg

Dayum Brian, if I didn't want to keep my vette, I'd be coming after yours. Best looking red vette out there. :2thumbs:

Thank you Sir.:cheers::burnout::burnout:

You should have seen the look on the guy next to us with the red Vette, after a while he couldn't take it any more and had to start wiping down his wheels.:lol: His looked a totally different shade of red next to ours.