Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray Streaking!!

milehighSSroller

Question

Hey guys has anybody else had the problem of the detail spray leaving streaks? I have black cars and I know they show everything but I thought this was not supposed to leave streaks. Its almost like a residue being left behind that i have to really buff kinda hard to remove. Is this normal or do I have something going on here?

Thanks Bill. Ill have to wait to give this a try cause its been raining like crazy around here! Trucks dirty as hell and it pisses me off! Lol.

I was spraying it directly on the paint so ill try spraying it on the towel next time see how that goes.

Just remembered I spent a good 6 hours detailing my 68 442 for the show this weekend, so its still clean. Ill try it out on that. Ill post some pics of er later on when the sun comes out. :xfingers:

Hi Michael, nice talking with you today, and we'll be sending a replacement batch of Detail Spray out with your new order, no charge.

Let's keep this stuff out of the trunk of a black car, as we talked, heat is no good for chemicals.

Overheating is typically what makes the DS streak, as when it gets over 85-90 degrees, the formula 'un-mixes' and is no longer as effective.

(Liquids stored in the trunk of a dark colored vehicle can reach 130 degrees, while it's only 85 outside!):explode:

Thanks again Michael, and I hope to connect for lunch here in Boulder, or there in Longmont one day soon.

-Adam:thumbsup:

I probably should have asked you this when I had you on the phone, but what do you recommend when I am at the different car shows? We dont get a lot of room at the shows usually so thats why the DS and different supplies stay in the trunk. Come to think of it, my garage can get pretty hot during the day and Ill notice condensation in the gallons of DS in the garage.

The garage issue is probably gonna take some movin around and thinkin on my part, but the car show issue I would love to hear suggestions for.

We have a pop up tent that we use but as you know it still gets freakin hot around here!

Thanks for the tremendous customer support and awesome products! :bow:

I probably should have asked you this when I had you on the phone, but what do you recommend when I am at the different car shows? We dont get a lot of room at the shows usually so thats why the DS and different supplies stay in the trunk. Come to think of it, my garage can get pretty hot during the day and Ill notice condensation in the gallons of DS in the garage.

The garage issue is probably gonna take some movin around and thinkin on my part, but the car show issue I would love to hear suggestions for.

We have a pop up tent that we use but as you know it still gets freakin hot around here!

Thanks for the tremendous customer support and awesome products! :bow:

I bring the 4 oz bottles to the shows, just get yourself a small bag like a shaving kit, a leak proof one if you can find it, and slide it under the seat and it will be much cooler than the trunk :2thumbs:

I bring the 4 oz bottles to the shows, just get yourself a small bag like a shaving kit, a leak proof one if you can find it, and slide it under the seat and it will be much cooler than the trunk :2thumbs:

Good call Mayor, and keep the other chemicals in the wash room cabinets if your garage gets over 85 degrees.

Chemicals are heated and cooled when they are mixed to get surfactants and emulsions to blend with raw materials. Re-heating these products makes them behave badly!:(

Have a great weekend!:2thumbs:

Oh yeah garage definitely gets over 85! Ill have to start keeping everything in the house for sure. Might have to clear out a whole room for all the Adam's stuff. Ha Im a sick, sick man if I devote an entire room in my house for detail stuff.

BTW Adam, Camaro should be here by Wednesday at the latest! Kinda Excited! :willy:

Thought I would give a quick update.

I followed the suggestions everybody had and all of them seem to be doing a much better job. I think I mostly forgot to shake it really good, and I was using way to much!

And this is the only pic I have right now of my baby. My dad has my camera on vacation this week.

Took this with my camera phone last weekend at the show.

If 85 degrees is getting to hot, than what is the coldest temp? Just courious because I'm going to be placing my first order in the next couple of days. My garage is insulated, but not heated or cooled. Plus I live in Oklahoma, where it's been 100 degrees this past week.