Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water supply for mobile detail appointments?

MSUGTO

Question

Afternoon gents,

I've got an appointment coming up where I will be detailing a car at their house. From what I gather from the customer, the car will need a thorough wash as opposed to a round of DS prior to any other work. My question is, for those of you who have detailed cars at locations other than your house, what do you do for a water supply if you need to wash the car? Thanks in advance!

Bryan

8 answers to this question

I have only two customers that can't supply water. The two times I was there, I dropped my 275 gallon tote in the back of the truck. I have a little gas powered trash pump plumbed down to a quick connect on the hose. It worked great. Easily washed the four cars, with water to spare.

For my customers in town, if we get back to drought conditions and their water usage is banned, I'll have an option with this setup. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great idea! Ideally, I'd have the customer drop their car off and I could take care of it where I usually do my car. Wish in one hand and do what in the other? Take care gents!

Same here, I always brought my own, "Hosemobile" complete with sprayer and all, and just tied into their water supply.

Customers would much rather you use their water than listen to your Honda water pump for a an hour!

Plus, my customers would have always WAY rather had someone who was not super over the top, with a complete self contained van. They saw the value in a guy like you and I, trying hard, and the fees charged were reasonable, as there was not excessive overhead being paid for.

I got a trailer for detailing fleets, and when I showed up to customer's homes, they were like, "Whaaaaat??"

Stay small (overhead-wise) customers appreciate that!

My $.02:thumbsup: