Customer Service 866.965.0400

Haziness help...

FinishedDetailing

Question

Did a customers car 2007 maxima. Whole car turned out great but in one spot, behind door but before fender, customer just called and said there was haziness...

I did

Clay

SHR (PC at 5k)

Polish PC at 5k

SMW PC at 5k

Brilliant Glaze

Could it be from to much SMW not completely cleaned off?

I'm going to take a look at it soon and clay then re-polish and either buttery wax or BG back over it...

Any advice appreciated

9 answers to this question

I'm looking at it saturday morning. I'll keep you all informed... I will clay first and see what happens from there... Thanks again!

When I did my new Vette, clay, FMP, MSW, Americana it looked great. Went out for a ride in the sun and the hood looked like a foggy cloud. Did it again and same problem. Figured there had to be some kind of residue on the hood even after claying.

I finally took some Greae & Wax Remover from a buddies body shop, wiped the hood down with that. Then I had a really clean surface, so then did MSW and Americana. Problem solved.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Doug and Jon, are/were you guys letting the MSW cure for 12 hours after the initial wipedown? MSW is a sealant and needs time to realease gasses and sometimes those gasses leave a streaky finish. An imediate coat of wax can trap those gases under the wax.

Yes, to be specific. I let the MSW cure in my garage for 2 days (no Americana at that point), then took it out in the sun and got that cloudy look. So, back in the garage and wiped it down with DS after it cooled down, after sitting in the garage for a few days went out in the sun again, same thing. The rest of the car was perfect, just the hood was wacky.

Then, I finally wiped the hood down with wax & grease remover, then MSW,. let it cure a few days, then Americana. Problem solved.

When I first picked up my car I noticed the hood finish was not as nice as the rest of the car, just looked dull. I figured an Adam's process would fix it. All I can think of is the hood probably had the new car white plastic protective sheet on it at the dealer, and maybe the sun baked some plastic residue into the hood, so maybe it took the wax remover to really get it clean.