Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polish to Protect Fresh Paint?

GLBL WMR

Question

To make a long story short, I was unfortunate enough to get hit in my brand new Camaro a month after driving it off the lot. They replaced my front bumper cover and painted it. They did a great job, however there is still some evidence of sanding. Also, I was told not to wax it for 60 days to let the paint breathe/cure properly. I know that I can polish it to add at least some protection until I can get a coat of Buttery on it. So, what would you guys recommend? Start with SHR and then hit it with a Revive Polish? Which is the least aggressive Adam's product, up to the most, in terms of polishing? The beast is black, by the way (yes, I am a perfectionist and I'm up to the challenge - its my 3rd black car).

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Polish is a paint cleaner and offers no protection. Revive is the least aggressive, followed by FMP, then SHR being the most.

My advice would be to leave the new paint alone, so if anything happens to it, the body shop will have to fix it and they can't say you did anything. After the 60 day period you should be able to clean up any swirl marks easily with Fine Machine Polish and the white pad. Once you get it perfect then you can throw a coat of wax on for the protection

Don't even think of doing anything to that paint!

If you see scratches, take it back to them and let them fix it. The only thing you are going to do by messing with it is mess it up. Do not make the mistake of fooling with your new paint. The results will not rear their head until months later and it will be obvious to the shop that you created the problem.

Leave it alone and let them deal with it!!!

By the way Michael (mc2hll), I cracked up when I saw your signature! :lol: