Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any chance I caused this? And how can I fix it?

MitsukiGT

Question

I washed, clayed, orange pad + SHR, then white pad + FMP.

Car was new in February and has never had any product on it before this. I only took it through touchless washes until I started the process.

Process using PC:

1. I worked the hood in 6 sections.

2. When I used orange pad I used 3 pea sized drops each section. Speed 3 ro spread product, worked with speed 5.

3. When I use I used FMP I started with 3 pea sized drops on first section, used a spritz of DS on the pad. Then I spread the product on speed 3. Then I did 2 passed on speed 6. Then I spritzed the pad again and worked the product on speed 5 until it looked like grease.

4. After the first section I used 2 pea sized drops and a spritz of spray, then repeated previous step.

5. I never had the PC in one spot more than 2 seconds tops (and I am sure that is way longer), but usuallt less than one as I moved it across the area.

It wasn't until I finished wiping the FMP off that I noticed these 2 spots in the paint. I tried to re-work the area again and it didn't help at all. The clear coat seems fine.

Questions:

1. Any chance I caused this with the PC?

2. How do I get it out?

Sorry for the crappy picture but I used my camera phone. I had both halogens on this area lighting it for the picture.

3902252565_989661e59b_o.jpg

Edited by MitsukiGT

12 answers to this question

Yes, I used DS and reworked with orange and white pads, then DS again. No change at all. Its hard to say if it was there the whole time or not, but now that I found them they stick out lick a sore thumb.

When I get home tonight I'll pull it out of the garage and take some picture in daylight.

OK, here are a few more pictures, I had a real hard time getting the camera to focus on the spots so I had to focus on the scoop. I hope they are good enough.

LOL, taking pictures I can see spots I didn't wipe down.

No flash used in natural light.

3905482580_e245c909cc_b.jpg

Here is one using the flash.

3904701455_854c831a28_b.jpg

To me, that looks like areas that didn't get wiped down real good before switching polishes. When I go from one polish to the next, I always use detail spray to wipe the area clean of any left over polish that I just got through using. This keeps from creating holograms or streak marks.

Try hitting that area with SHR and the orange pad set on 5 with 9-14 pounds of pressure. If the spots go away, follow your normal procedures.

It could be a stain in the clear coat and may not come out. Keep that in mind, especially if this is a daily driver that sits outside all the time. Don't think for a minute that you did this with the PC. It ain't powerful enough.

Nice AJ would like a vid of this after its installed. Maybe a burn out or two.

Oh, that's already in the car and I managed to break it once already! :willy:

Here it is after I fixed it the last time. We affectionately call it "The Mean O' Camino." You can't stomp the throttle because it will just sit in one spot and roast the tires down to the steel belts before it will go anywhere. So I have to milk my take offs! :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoYC8zoXIwI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoYC8zoXIwI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Junkman2008