Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who Has A Lift In Their Garage?

Chris@Adams

That is a awesome setup! But anything taller than a Vette and it would be pointless without having a higher roof

I think the question you need to ask is how tall is your car that you want on it, and how tall is the car you want to park under it.

Then you can determine how tall the ceiling needs to be

If you can work underneath it then a normal car would fit under it. Question is, is it meant to have a car underneath it. They tend to have wider legs so you can do it.

I want a 3 car garage with a drive on hoist in the 3rd bay so I can work on it AND keep the fourth car in it.

Chris

If you can work underneath it then a normal car would fit under it. Question is, is it meant to have a car underneath it. They tend to have wider legs so you can do it.

I want a 3 car garage with a drive on hoist in the 3rd bay so I can work on it AND keep the fourth car in it.

Chris

As I was looking at lifts it seems like its hard to find lifts that are made for working on cars AND storing cars underneath.

You can put a car under any lift. Obviously since a car fits betweekn the posts (4 or 2) than another car will fit. Make sure the locks are in place, and work. If not the hydraulics can and will bleed down over time. If you buy one second hand make sure to have someone that noes check the locks, I know more than a few mechanics that disable the locks because they find it troublesome to hold the lever and let the lift down. I had a Mohawk 14K lb. IIRC. Worked great great. I was going to move it one day, but the building burned down in the meantime.

You can see the two posts in the attachement. I don't think that will buff out. :lolsmack:

You can put a car under any lift. Obviously since a car fits betweekn the posts (4 or 2) than another car will fit. Make sure the locks are in place, and work. If not the hydraulics can and will bleed down over time. If you buy one second hand make sure to have someone that noes check the locks, I know more than a few mechanics that disable the locks because they find it troublesome to hold the lever and let the lift down. I had a Mohawk 14K lb. IIRC. Worked great great. I was going to move it one day, but the building burned down in the meantime.

You can see the two posts in the attachement. I don't think that will buff out. :lolsmack:

Jeesh! How did that happen?

I bought one a year and a half ago. The ceiling in the garage is 10'3" at the door and 10'1" at the front. I can put the Corvette all the way up and park the wife's Bonneville under. I can also reverse them, but I can't put the Bonne all the way up. I just have marks on the post to know how far I can go up. Mine is called Pro-Park 8s, designed for doing just as we see here. 8000 lb. capacity. No pictures of the 01 on it, just the 94.

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-21.jpg

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-17.jpg

NewCabinetsingarage003.jpg

Corvetteemblems003.jpg

Edited by Toms94

That is a awesome setup! But anything taller than a Vette and it would be pointless without having a higher roof

I think the question you need to ask is how tall is your car that you want on it, and how tall is the car you want to park under it.

Then you can determine how tall the ceiling needs to be

You can always open it up some:2thumbs:

p268808418-4.jpg

FYI

If you are thinking about purchasing one let me know. Within the next week, I will be a supplier for various items like this. Working on the details right now, but I will be a supplier for basically anything and everything that you would think of in a mechanic's environment as far as tools, and equipment. Everything from a pair of oil resistant work gloves, to the socket, to the lift.

FYI

If you are thinking about purchasing one let me know. Within the next week, I will be a supplier for various items like this. Working on the details right now, but I will be a supplier for basically anything and everything that you would think of in a mechanic's environment as far as tools, and equipment. Everything from a pair of oil resistant work gloves, to the socket, to the lift.

Thats good to know Ty, But I probably won't be in the market until Spring ! I have to raise my ceiling a little first.:2thumbs: Keep us posted on brands & prices!:)