Customer Service 866.965.0400

polishing around the door handles...??

iiiJEFFiii

Question

I have a bunch of scratches right around the outside door handles. What's the best way to polish in the recessed area of the door handles? Trying to do it by hand doesn't seem to be working to get the scratches out and there's no way i can get my PC's pad in there. :pc:

12 answers to this question

So if it's mounted on a drill, I assume I should be handling it like I would a rotary polisher, right? Since it won't have the orbital action, like the PC does, am I still supposed to be moving slowly?

Yes just like a rotary, it may put swirls in your paint, then put the 4 inch pads on your pc to finish up!:burnout:Or I would try the pc first!

So if it's mounted on a drill, I assume I should be handling it like I would a rotary polisher, right? Since it won't have the orbital action, like the PC does, am I still supposed to be moving slowly?

Use them on the PC. Avoid doing that area at all cost with a drill because you could easily burn the paint off the edges of the door handles. You don't want to move slow if you're using the drill either. Move at a nice even speed when using the drill.

I would use the PC if it will fit to avoid any possible mishaps.

Should I use them at the same speed as the normal pads? It kind of seems like these spot pads are a little harder to handle. They tend do dance around a bit more if you don't stay absolutely flat against the surface of the car.

Oh, and one more thing. What are the yellow pads supposed to be used with?

Edited by iiiJEFFiii

yellow pads are used with swirl and haze remover, they are the "ultra swirl killer" pad

You can also use it with the Fine Machine Polish, as a sort of intermediate cut between the orange and white pads, and their corresponding polishes. As far as speed is concerned, I usually never go above 5 for the very reason Jeff just stated.