Customer Service 866.965.0400

Oxidation?

tlsole

Question

Sup guys,

I havent quite searched around the forums yet, and i plan to..new to the forums lol. Been watching alot of junkman's youtube videos lol..:banana:

Well, i have a noob questions.. If i claybar my oxidation (looks like white peeling) would that make it worst or help it in any way? When i touched it, it was very grainy, so i figure maybe the claybar will help. Is there anything i can do to help stop it from spreading? Its on the top of the car (sunroof area). Also my car is parked outside. Is it even worth removing swirls? Since i live in Houston the weather sucks, rains, humid, hottt summers, etc. Typically how often do swirls come back if i were to properly wash my car?

Thanks guys! :rockon:

21 answers to this question

Sorry for the wait guys, heres a picture. (I think its oxidation?)

paint.jpg

If you look in the center, i could scratch off some of the white stuff, but its then "dull". I think its my clear coat peeling..Is there anything i can do to restore it?

Oh by any chance do you guys know what i should use to reseal my taillights? It gets condensation/water inside and i think its because my taillight rubber seal is old and detached. Know anywhere i can find another weather seal or something?

Oh by any chance do you guys know what i should use to reseal my taillights? It gets condensation/water inside and i think its because my taillight rubber seal is old and detached. Know anywhere i can find another weather seal or something?

A member on here might be able to help you, his real name is Ty and he has a killer looking f150 but I can't remember his SN at the moment.

Oh yea and like pretty much everyone else said that is clearcoat failure. :o

You can reseal them with silicone!:burnout:

Oh ok, hopefully he reads my post!

Another question, when detailing, can i do half the car one day, drive, and do the other half then next day? My teg is my daily..

You can but you will want to clean the other half again before polishing with something like the waterless wash or with a normal wash.

I agree with what has been said about your clear coat. My car did the same exact thing while I was in college (9 year old car). It sat outside all the time like yours does. I ended up having it repainted and had a much better clear coat on it. I saw the car the other day and the clear coat is still holding up great. BTW: The car was painted 13 years ago.

You can but you will want to clean the other half again before polishing with something like the waterless wash or with a normal wash.

I agree. You just want make sure the surface is clean before you start polishing and waxing.

Edited by DieselDude

Thanks for the info guys. :cheers:

Honestly, the car isn't worth getting repainted. Its in great shape besides that spot. Ill just have to deal with it...

Maybe ill respray with some can clear paint :lol:

Take the panel off and sand off the rest of the clear and go for it :2thumbs: