Customer Service 866.965.0400

milkshake thrown at car help

dabigbratj

Question

ok got a email from a good friend his truck got a shake thrown at it the other night he removed all that he could at the time. there are some spots that are like a real thin cloudy looking film.

bare with me only going off of what i have been told and he is 4 hours from me so i cant see it in person.was going to see of any tips that may get this film off.his truck is clayed and waxed often truck was always cared for.

think i could get it out with the PC?

also will add the pics when i get them thanks

Jake

15 answers to this question

also to add he said he scrubbed a little section with is fingernail and some detail spray and some would come up he just didnt want to do that to the paint.is this something maybe apc would cut through?

APC would work. I'd probably just do a full wash on it. If you don't have the time to do a full detail after the wash, maybe just some detail spray if it's recently been fully waxed.

If it is waxed often then that stuff should be sitting on top of the wax. Clay or polish should do it easily but the APC diluted, as already mentioned, should do the trick too. This shouldn't be hard to correct.

If it is waxed often then that stuff should be sitting on top of the wax. Clay or polish should do it easily but the APC diluted, as already mentioned, should do the trick too. This shouldn't be hard to correct.

:iagree: With Bill , this should be a easy fix! There is nothing in a milkshake that could harm your paint!:2thumbs:

I've done this to someone before, but they deserved it for nearly running me off the road on a highway entrance ramp. Also, he was in a convertible, so his situation was undoubtedly much worse than your friend's. :D

If the truck has been recently waxed, a wash or detail spray should remove the residue. If he uses any other method (clay, APC, polish) just make sure he re-waxes that area afterwards.