Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use?

694doorbird

Question

Finally finished to exterior of the Thunderbird:banana:, and now it's time to move to the interior. The material on the seats is vinyl and cloth. The material on the door panels feel more like a nylon. I plan on using the Leather cleaner for the vinyl. Will I be able to use the conditioner for the vinyl also? What should I use for the cloth parts and the door panels? This interior is original to the car.

Seat:

seat.jpg

Door panel:

doorpanel.jpg

13 answers to this question

Are the seat inserts cloth ? Kind of hard to tell, but if they are I would clean that section with the Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner then protect it with ScotchGuard. But with it being older I would try to find a spot to test on, hopefully it doesn't discolor it. It shouldn't but it is always better to be cautious when dealing with a classic car.

I would use the Leather and Interior Cleaner on the seats and the door panels. It works great and is really easy to use.

:iagree:, on the leather/pleather areas :thumbsup:

And follow up with Conditioner.

Edited by C6Bill

I would use the Leather and Interior Cleaner on the seats and the door panels. It works great and is really easy to use.

Will the Leather and Interior cleaner be safe on the nylon material on the door panels?

Are the seat inserts cloth ? Kind of hard to tell, but if they are I would clean that section with the Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner then protect it with ScotchGuard. But with it being older I would try to find a spot to test on, hopefully it doesn't discolor it. It shouldn't but it is always better to be cautious when dealing with a classic car.

Yes, the seat inserts are a cloth, but it's a really fine material. I have a set of bucket seats with the same material that I can use for testing. I'm tossing around the idea of swapping the bench seat for buckets with console. And that would be ok, because Ford did offer that combo with this car.

Seriously bro you NEED to show that car. It's immaculate for how old it is.

I keep thinking about it, but other things keep coming up. I do get a lot of head turns while tooling around town. I also catch people pointing at the sequential turn signals when I have them on. Tell you what, AM/8-TRACK is the only way to go:rockon::rockon:

That really is a great looking car!

Thanks, my wife calls it a money pit!!

What year is it?:patriot:

It's a 2 owner '69 model. Just turned 41 on October 18th.

Yes. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'm going to have to order some carpet cleaner for it. So I guess this job slows down a bit. Plus in order to do the inside, I need to back out of the garage and it's supposed to be raining all next week.

Started cleaning my seats with the carpet and upholstery cleaner. A pretty big difference!

Seatcleaning.jpg

I just need to get a soft brush to work it in better. This is the first time I tried a cleaner on these seats, so it may be the first time since new. I always just vacuumed them when cleaning the interior.

Here's part 2 to my question. What is the recommendation for interior painted metal pieces Mainly the rear package shelf, top of dash, A and B pillar trim? I'm going to use VRT and leather conditioner for some the vinyl/plastic pieces.

The carpet and upholstery cleaner is working great!!