Customer Service 866.965.0400

washing off brake fluid

6spdg37s

Question

okay as everyone knows, (and if you dont now you will) brake fluid eats thru paint and probably everything else. I just did a brake flush on my bike, bleeding brakes can be a bit messy so i got some on the bike, dripped down onto the rotors and pads etc;

I used APC on the wheels and calipers and everything and then i sprayed the entire bike with adams soap from the foam gun and rinsed it all off (its raining here today so a full wash would have been somewhat pointless.

That is good right? like it shouldnt be eating thru anything since that should ahve washed most of it off?

fyi brake fluid is not black like it was on my bike lol

7 answers to this question

I think what you did is good, wasn't Dylan talking about neutralizing the acid in the brake fluid. I think he said the soap does that ?????

But I could just be having Jeff moment and it is all in my head :jester:

okay as everyone knows, (and if you dont now you will) brake fluid eats thru paint and probably everything else. I just did a brake flush on my bike, bleeding brakes can be a bit messy so i got some on the bike, dripped down onto the rotors and pads etc;

I used APC on the wheels and calipers and everything and then i sprayed the entire bike with adams soap from the foam gun and rinsed it all off (its raining here today so a full wash would have been somewhat pointless.

That is good right? like it shouldnt be eating thru anything since that should ahve washed most of it off?

fyi brake fluid is not black like it was on my bike lol

That is the thing to do john. I use to have a 79 jeep cj-5 and the master cylinder leak one time and came in the cab and took off my bed liner that i had sprayed on the floor plus it also took the paint off on my brand new steering column at the time.