Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fabric Protection

694doorbird

Question

I see quite a few people here and on other forums like that Aerospace 303 stuff. I found a few places near me that carry their products. Question is, How does it compare (in your opinions) to Scotchguard for nylon and cloth protection? I should receive my Adam's carpet & Upholstery Cleaner Friday. Hopefully I'l get to do the interior this weekend. I'm looking for something to protect the cloth inserts on my seats and nylon on my door panels. I'm going to use Adam's Leather Conditioner on the vinyl parts of the seats after they are cleaned.

Seat: Cloth inserts/ vinyl panels 41 years old.

seat.jpg

Door panel: Nylon material along top of panel. Also original to the car.

doorpanel.jpg

8 answers to this question

Those seats are in great shape for being so old.

I know that Scotchguard wears off eventually from sliding in and out. I know nothing about the 303.

I really have no need for either because I let no one drink or eat in my cars. I just use the interior cleaner and leather conditioner to keep it clean and smelling good. :thumbsup:

I just bought the 303 Fabric Protector, and I plan on using it (with a small brush) to protect the cross flags embroidered emblem on my 09 Vette seat head rests.

Now, not used it yet, but I did try it on a red Chevy BowTie hat. First, it did not blur, etc. the red color or the embroidered emblem on the hat. After it dried overnight I ran water over the hat. It was like the hat was made out of solid glass the way the water ran off. And, the feel of the hat material is like normal, no stiff feel. Plus, the 303 says it has some UV protection.

So, I'm gonna give it a try on my seat head rest emblems. Hope this helps a little.

I just bought the 303 Fabric Protector, and I plan on using it (with a small brush) to protect the cross flags embroidered emblem on my 09 Vette seat head rests.

Now, not used it yet, but I did try it on a red Chevy BowTie hat. First, it did not blur, etc. the red color or the embroidered emblem on the hat. After it dried overnight I ran water over the hat. It was like the hat was made out of solid glass the way the water ran off. And, the feel of the hat material is like normal, no stiff feel. Plus, the 303 says it has some UV protection.

So, I'm gonna give it a try on my seat head rest emblems. Hope this helps a little.

Well, I did my seat embriodered emblems yesterday, dabbed the 303 Protector on with a small brush. No smearing of the emblem, looks slightly darker, but now has some protection I hope. I think it's a very good product. :2thumbs:

Well, I did my seat embriodered emblems yesterday, dabbed the 303 Protector on with a small brush. No smearing of the emblem, looks slightly darker, but now has some protection I hope. I think it's a very good product. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the update. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning after work!!

Archived