Customer Service 866.965.0400

I Used to Have a Problem With My BMW

tjcin

Question

There have been two trouble spots on my BMW when it came to detailing. One, the trim around the windows is black anodized aluminum and the water spots were horrible. Second, the sunroof is very large and it also was loaded with water spots. On the sunroof I did try the vinegar and newspaper trick, but with no success. Well today I broke out my PC with my new Adams 4" pads. Two passes of S&H Remover with the orange pad and one pass with FMP on the white pad made the sunroof look unbelieveable. It is perfectly crystal clear and absolutely water spot free. On the trim, it only took one pass of each and the reflection is awesome. I used to attack the trim with a 3M compound and wax in one, by hand. It took 4X as long and the results were mediocre at best. BMW recommends that you don't put Caranuba on the trim. What should I put on it to help preserve the shine? Also, what can I put on the sunroof to preserve it's water spot free condition? Thanks ahead of time.

12 answers to this question

Thanks, it's in the November contest. If you think it is the nicest entry, please vote for it. If you don't think it's the nicest entry then you must be out of your mind. Just commit yourself. I doubt my opinion is biased, so your only choice is my car. Thanks

Thanks for posting about the BMW shadow line trim. I actually joined this forum today looking for help on that exact subject. I have a BMW X5 with the shadow line trim and it is not looking so hot. I have tried hand polishing w/o much luck. Looks like it is time to step it up to a machine. I am not a pro - just an enthusiast. Maybe santa will be nice and bring me a polisher!!

Thanks for posting:loser::rockon:

Archived