Customer Service 866.965.0400

Windshield repair in South Bay, California area???

iiiJEFFiii

Question

I was driving my mom home this morning. It was around 8AM... rolling down the 605 North... very light traffic with nobody in my lane for as far as I can see... chatting with my mom about things and all of a sudden a sharp *SNAP* made us both pause and focus in on the windshield... :(:(:(... a "bullseye" type crack in my windshield about the size of a quarter. I'm guessing a rock got launched at me somehow but can't figure out how since there was nobody in front of me and nobody even near me in the other lanes. Seems like it came out of nowhere but it left what looks like a bullethole in my windshield right in front of my face!!! Anyways, does anybody happen to know any reputable windshield repair shops in the South Bay, California area? I've called around but it seems like people only want to do windshield replacements as opposed to a repair. I'm trying to avoid spending the money it costs to replace my entire windshield. Plus, I'm not real comfortable with some guys in a beat up old pickup from some hole-in-the-wall windshield repair place coming out and doing that kind of extensive work on my car. (I'm pretty sure most of you feel the same way, right?) Anybody have any suggestions??

Oh, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. :o

1 answer to this question

Do it yourself. I did mines, i just bought the kit at wal-mart, it was like $8 bucks. But if you live in Cali maybe try like auto zone or something. It is very easy, and include instructions. I forgot what its called was called though.

Good luck! :cheers:

Archived