Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana applicator pad cleaning?

Allan

Question

How is the pad for the Americana wax stored after use? is it cleaned and then put back in the container? will cleaning it with the APC harm it? Is there even a need to clean it? This wax is amazing.

Thanks for your help.

5 answers to this question

I clean mine with APC and a stream of water, just like all the other pads. I don't put it back in the container though, but I'm sure it would be ok if you did. Just make sure that if you wash it, that it's dry before you put it back in the jar.

I am super anal about only putting AW on a pristine car. So mine never gets dirty and I just put it back in the container when I am done.

Why wax a dirty car? I would buy a new pad and this time only use it on a clean car.

I don't think its a case of dirty car/clean car.

The applicator gets caked with product after use, the oils in the mixture bleed deeper into the pad while the wax stays suspended close to the surface and hardens.

When you start waxing again you're getting an odd/uneven blend of the ingredients in from the applicator. I don't clean mine after EVERY use, but usually after every 2-3 I clean it out.

Archived