Customer Service 866.965.0400

Will Green Wheel Cleaner remove wax?

Sooners

Question

I usually apply wax to my wheels and was wondering if GWC will remove the wax when cleaning them. I know that GWC is supposed to be mild compared to other wheel cleaners out there, but I'm guessing it's still a degreaser, so I would think it would take the wax off. If the wheels aren't that dirty and clean up easily with soap and water, is there any point in taking the GWC to them?

10 answers to this question

Yes it will, if you can get by with soap and water go for it. Just make sure you have a seperate wash pad for the wheels.

:iagree:

Always use the mildest possible cleaner. If soap and water gets it done no need to use something stronger :thumbsup:

Just as with polishing/correction you always want to go with the LEAST aggressive method you can to get the desired result.

GWC & APC are aggressive cleaners, if you can isolate them to your tires only and use soap and water the clean the rim thats ideal. That way your wax stays intact, but you still get all the road grime off of the rubber.

GWC should be used only when the wheel is heavily contaminated or due for a fresh application of wax or sealant.

GWC should be used only when the wheel is heavily contaminated or due for a fresh application of wax or sealant.

Sounds good. I'll just plan on using the GWC maybe around once a month to give them a good cleaning and apply a fresh coat of wax. My wheels hardly see the light of day, but I'll probably get more use out of the GWC on my wife's car. I have a free bottle coming with a Fender Well Brush I ordered, so I didn't want it to feel neglected while the other Adam's products are being used. Thanks for all the responses.

Just as with polishing/correction you always want to go with the LEAST aggressive method you can to get the desired result.

GWC & APC are aggressive cleaners, if you can isolate them to your tires only and use soap and water the clean the rim thats ideal. That way your wax stays intact, but you still get all the road grime off of the rubber.

:bump::rockon:

Archived