Customer Service 866.965.0400

So what is the yellow pad for when using the PC?

phdpsy

Question

16 answers to this question

The yellow pad does feel softer than the orange and it does appear to do less work. However, it is not the feel of the pad that makes it more aggressive, it is the size of the holes in the material. The yellow pad has larger holes that make up the pad and that's what makes it more aggressive, not the way it feels. These holes are not visible to your eyes so don't stare at the pad thinking that you will see them, but think of it as a exfoliating sponge that women (and guys like me with a baby face) use. Those sponges have sone really big holes in them so that they can scrub all the dead skin off your face.

One thing you might want to try is using the yellow pad with FMP. It would make a great go between when you don't need the orange pad/SHR combo, but the white pad/FMP combo is not enough.

:iagree: With AJ! :pc:

My ques is, if the yellow pad is more aggressive, why does it feel alot softer then the orange pad. My orange pad gets the job done. I used the yellow pad to just try it out and did not work as good as the orange pad. As of matter of fact, i had the yellow pad on and went to the trunk of my car seen alot of scraches together, Thought this will be a good place to try this yellow pad. Well, it hardly did anything. I out the orange pad on, took the scraches right out. I had my pc on setting of 5 with adams SHR. So for very light scatches, i will never use the orange pad, just the yellow. Your thoughts.

The yellow pad does feel softer than the orange and it does appear to do less work. However, it is not the feel of the pad that makes it more aggressive, it is the size of the holes in the material. The yellow pad has larger holes that make up the pad and that's what makes it more aggressive, not the way it feels. These holes are not visible to your eyes so don't stare at the pad thinking that you will see them, but think of it as a exfoliating sponge that women (and guys like me with a baby face) use. Those sponges have sone really big holes in them so that they can scrub all the dead skin off your face.

One thing you might want to try is using the yellow pad with FMP. It would make a great go between when you don't need the orange pad/SHR combo, but the white pad/FMP combo is not enough.

My ques is, if the yellow pad is more aggressive, why does it feel alot softer then the orange pad. My orange pad gets the job done. I used the yellow pad to just try it out and did not work as good as the orange pad. As of matter of fact, i had the yellow pad on and went to the trunk of my car seen alot of scraches together, Thought this will be a good place to try this yellow pad. Well, it hardly did anything. I out the orange pad on, took the scraches right out. I had my pc on setting of 5 with adams SHR. So for very light scatches, i will never use the orange pad, just the yellow. Your thoughts.

I attacked one area last night with a couple extra sessions with the orange and the SHR. Had to be patient, but it worked pretty well. Patience is NOT always my strength when detailing, but apparently will need to develop this further:glasses:

What about for areas near trim pieces where you can't get the PC in, or even the Hex hand pads (there is an area about 1/2-3/4" wide along the top of the door next to the trim piece for the window). I tried a finger with a piece of MF around it and SHR, but can't seem to get enough "friction" to get out the swirl maks and light surface scratches.

I would also say that if your car's clearcoat is new (in that it's never been wet sanded or had compound used on it, etc) then I don't think you can hurt it with the yellow or orange pads and any of Adam's products.

someone correct me if I'm off here, but it would take you a year of 24/7 buffing with the DA, the yellow pad and some SHR to ever eat through that clearcoat. Ford, lexus, or Yugo. The products are purposely designed so that you can't get yourself into trouble.

While the products are extremely safe that Yellow pad is really aggressive, be extra careful especially around edges :thumbsup:

I would also say that if your car's clearcoat is new (in that it's never been wet sanded or had compound used on it, etc) then I don't think you can hurt it with the yellow or orange pads and any of Adam's products.

someone correct me if I'm off here, but it would take you a year of 24/7 buffing with the DA, the yellow pad and some SHR to ever eat through that clearcoat. Ford, lexus, or Yugo. The products are purposely designed so that you can't get yourself into trouble.

The yellow pad can be used with SHR too, it is more aggressive than the Orange pad. It will get the more stubborn swirls and scratches out but you will need to do a three step polish when using it. Follow it with Orange then White to get the best finish.

Well said Bill.:cheers:

The yellow pad can be used with SHR too, it is more aggressive than the Orange pad. It will get the more stubborn swirls and scratches out but you will need to do a three step polish when using it. Follow it with Orange then White to get the best finish.

:iagree:

That was fast....and thanks! I thought it felt more aggressive. Do you know how Ford (2007) clearcoat would rate as far as how hard it is. I've seen various posts about different clearcoats being highly variable in how hard they are. I went with the orange pad and it worked pretty well. There are just a couple more stubborn spots, but I was afraid to hurt something as I was new to the PC (did watch the junkman's videos)

Just my opinion but I stick with the Orange/White pad combination for 99% of correction. As the Junkman would say "If it ain't perfect, do it again"

Just do another pass, or two, with the Orange pad and it will probably get you to where you want to go :thumbsup:

That was fast....and thanks! I thought it felt more aggressive. Do you know how Ford (2007) clearcoat would rate as far as how hard it is. I've seen various posts about different clearcoats being highly variable in how hard they are. I went with the orange pad and it worked pretty well. There are just a couple more stubborn spots, but I was afraid to hurt something as I was new to the PC (did watch the junkman's videos)

Archived