Customer Service 866.965.0400

350Z Partial Detail

Sooners

I've been itching to try out my SHR, FMP, and MSW, but the weather has not been so nice. We made it into the mid 40s today with the sun out, so I thought I could at least try them out. Going back to the low 30s tomorrow. Due to time constraints, I was only able to polish/wax the hood, roof, and hatchback. For those parts, I did:

Adam's Clay

SHR - Orange Pad

FMP - White Pad

MSW - Gray Pad

I finished off the rest of the car with some DS, and cleaned the windows with Adam's glass cleaner, and applied some VRT to the tires.

Everything worked out great, but I had quite a bit of dusting with the SHR. Not sure if I was using too much product but any recommendations would be appreciated.

Also, the sun was going down, so I didn't have the best lighting for the pics.

Very nice! I just did something similar to my challenger, except I did the entire front. I get dust from SHR too. IDK why, it's quite annoying tho lol

He probably just used a little too much product and worked it a little too long, you just do it all wrong :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

After reviewing some older posts, I can say that I was definitely using too much SHR and FMP. I knew to apply a thin layer for the sealant, but I used much more than 3-4 drops of the SHR and FMP for each section. I'll make sure to use them more sparingly next time.

After reviewing some older posts, I can say that I was definitely using too much SHR and FMP. I knew to apply a thin layer for the sealant, but I used much more than 3-4 drops of the SHR and FMP for each section. I'll make sure to use them more sparingly next time.

I was once guilty of using too much product. Use 3 large pea sized drops on the pad and mist the pad with detail spray. The 3 drops won't do a whole hood - I usually work in small sections to make sure I concentrate on getting the job done right. It's trial and error pal, don't worry too much about it. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Looks like a brand new car... Do you have any before pictures?

No before pics, but I would have hard a hard time catching any defects. The paint was already in pretty good condition, so it wouldn't have had the before and after wow factor you see with some of the details on here.

Archived