Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay Bar

Team Adam's

Question

Adams_MAY08-standard-Disc-PCCP.gif

Clay Bar

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-36-64-oz-clay-bar.aspx

36.jpg

Adam's Fine Grade Clay Bar is incredibly safe, and effective at removing surface contamination. Even new vehicles need Clay! Our new Blue Bar is the finest and safest detailing clay for your vehicle’s finish. It removes surface contamination safely and easily without skid or swirl marks. Each Clay Jar contains one (1) 6.4 oz Clay Bar.

• Answers 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

True Bluezey, the yellow is BEST! Too bad you don't live in Canada, you can buy it all day long there!

2012 is when the patent runs out, and we'll all be able to use the 'good stuff.':thumbsup:

I know people in Canada:banana:

Have a brand name for the yellow stuff?

Last clay I bought (somewhere else) was white..... don't know if that matters......

Thanks again for your question Daryl, and look forward to 2012 when the patent in the USA for clay expires, and our American counterparts will again be distributing in our great nation once again!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Man that sucks that we have to wait until 2012 for the competition.

They both worked great. The only difference I noticed was the amount of work it took to kneed the purple bar. It's much stiffer. Actually made my knuckles crack when trying to get it started. I warmed it with a hair dryer and then kept working it.

I suppose the purple would be slightly more aggressive.

I clayed my Taco a couple days ago and I found myself wondering if I was using too much detail spray. I used enough so that the clay moved easily along the surface and there was no dragging. However, I began to question if the clay needs to drag a little in order to pick up junk off the finish. Like, was I merely sliding the clay along a coat of detail spray and not really doing any good???

I clayed my Taco a couple days ago and I found myself wondering if I was using too much detail spray. I used enough so that the clay moved easily along the surface and there was no dragging. However, I began to question if the clay needs to drag a little in order to pick up junk off the finish. Like, was I merely sliding the clay along a coat of detail spray and not really doing any good???

You really do want to limit any dragging, dragging =marring. The easy way to check your work is to use a plastic bag, I use the ones from the supermarket. Check a small section then clay it and dry it then check it again. That way you will know how well your technique is working :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Should I use a separate clay bar for the wheels and the paint?

I thought I should.

I just take a chunk off of my bar and just use it for the wheels, it doesn't take much. Then put that piece in another zip lock, you can just keep using that one until it's full of junk and needs replacing :thumbsup:

I just take a chunk off of my bar and just use it for the wheels, it doesn't take much. Then put that piece in another zip lock, you can just keep using that one until it's full of junk and needs replacing :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip Bill!:thumbsup:

Glad to help :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lots of people are afraid to try clay as they are not sure what it really does and it's not cheap. But if used properly it can last a long time and the prep work is really what gets you started down the road to a great finish :banana::banana::banana:

Yep, all those specks and junk that the claybar removes from your paint are actually blocking light from reflecting evenly in your paint. This is why after claying the surface is not only totally smooth, but appears deeper because all of the light is being reflected 100% by the paint and not the crud that was once bonded to the surface.

Yep, all those specks and junk that the claybar removes from your paint are actually blocking light from reflecting evenly in your paint. This is why after claying the surface is not only totally smooth, but appears deeper because all of the light is being reflected 100% by the paint and not the crud that was once bonded to the surface.

Excellent point :gl***es::gl***es::gl***es::gl***es:

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

This is the last time we let Jason play with software :jester::jester::jester::jester:

I made a canvass painting of a massive landmass of grass that encompasses a biomass of classy surgeons performing a quadruple bypass.

EDIT: Well I expected a bunch of *** now I just look stupid :loser:

Edited by GerryC

I made a canvass painting of a massive landmass of grass that encompasses a biomass of classy surgeons performing a quadruple bypass.

LOL@all the glass.

it almost sounds like a good rap.:banana:

At least your test didn't start with, There once was a man from Nantucket......

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Hi guys, just one question...

Do I need to wash my car after (or during) the claying session? Or let me rephrase that...what do I need to do if I want to put revive polish and buttery wax after I clay?

Edited by hench7