Customer Service 866.965.0400

Process for Brand New Car

Sooners

Question

What process do you guys use when you get a brand new car? I've always clayed and polished my new cars before waxing. Is this overkill if it's a new car? If anything, it gives me some peace of mind, since I don't know where the car has been before I took delivery even though it's new.

I have a new car on the way and was thinking the first thing I would do was clay, FMP with white pad, and top it with the MSW.

10 answers to this question

What process do you guys use when you get a brand new car? I've always clayed and polished my new cars before waxing. Is this overkill if it's a new car? If anything, it gives me some peace of mind, since I don't know where the car has been before I took delivery even though it's new.

I have a new car on the way and was thinking the first thing I would do was clay, FMP with white pad, and top it with the MSW.

:iagree: Depending on color, I don't think you would need SHR however I've used it on new black cars.:banana:You are on the right track!:2thumbs:

If you are talking about your new volvo on the way, you might want to give it a really good wash and claying. You will want to get all the salt from the ocean air out of all the cracks. Plus it will probably go by rail to oklahoma from the east coast so, losts of rail dust and fall out. Good luck.

If you are talking about your new volvo on the way, you might want to give it a really good wash and claying. You will want to get all the salt from the ocean air out of all the cracks. Plus it will probably go by rail to oklahoma from the east coast so, losts of rail dust and fall out. Good luck.

Yep, that's the one. That's what I was thinking. I do know that it's coming in to the Port of Brunswick on the east coast. From what I've been told, it would be loaded onto a truck to be shipped but there's no telling. Either way, I'm sure it's going to need a good cleaning when it arrives.:pc:

Edit: just realized I had put west coast...Port of Brunswick is on the east coat.:lolsmack:

Archived