Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stain on Cloth Seat

DLJ485

Question

Hello all,

Im new to the forums here. And I have a quick question for some of you detailers that are more experienced then me. The other day I took some friends out to eat in my new car and when we got back one of my friends had a stain on his pants. So I looked at the seats in my car and there a few hard stains on the front seat. I have a 09 Jetta with cloth seats and I was wondering if I can just use carpet cleaner and a brush to clean it out or if there is something special I need to do to make sure I get it all out of the seat. My guess is that the stain is either some type of syrup or ice cream.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

DLJ

9 answers to this question

hello-2.gif:hi::hi:

Doug,

The Carpet Shampoo should work just fine. I had chocolate on my gray headliner and dipped a toothbrush in the Shampoo, lightly scrubbed it and then I took a Microfiber towel and dabbed it and it all of it came out.

Did you learn to not let your friends eat in your new car?? :willy::willy:

Post up some pics when you get a chance. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I completely forgot about the adams DVD lol. (I was in class when I posted this.) :lolsmack: Unfortunately Adams interior cleaner is one of the few products I do not yet have. (Poor college kid) But I got some stuff from Walmart. Ill give that a try when I get out later today.

DLJ

Thanks for the warm welcome! I completely forgot about the adams DVD lol. (I was in class when I posted this.) :lolsmack: Unfortunately Adams interior cleaner is one of the few products I do not yet have. (Poor college kid) But I got some stuff from Walmart. Ill give that a try when I get out later today.

DLJ

You're supposed to be paying attention when in class! (and I mean to the professor!) :) I'm a professor. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Now when you're watching those Adam's DVDs please be sure to pay attention to Adam! (No texting!) Also, I recommend the Junkman's videos. They are educational AND entertaining.

First, welcome! :2thumbs: You've come to the right place for answers (though we seem to have a rough, wise-guy crowd tonight :jester:). And it's good to see another Jetta show up -- I just got a 2010 TDI and love it. :2thumbs:

Anyway, give the Adam's carpet and upholstery cleaner a try. It really does an amazing job -- so good, in fact, that my wife has pretty much stolen my bottle and keeps it in the house for use on the carpets and furniture. It's far better stuff than what you can buy in an autoparts store.

As with any other cleaner, try it in an inconspicuous area first. In my experience you should just let the stain dry and then use a stiff brush to get out the bulk of whatever's there. Then hit it with some carpet and upholstery cleaner and work at it with the brush. After a bit of that the stain should be gone. :2thumbs:

Rich

You're supposed to be paying attention when in class! (and I mean to the professor!) :) I'm a professor. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Now when you're watching those Adam's DVDs please be sure to pay attention to Adam! (No texting!) Also, I recommend the Junkman's videos. They are educational AND entertaining.

I have seen adams dvd several times. I just thought id ask just incase. I would hate to ruin something on my new car.:xfingers: BTW I do try my best to pay attention is class. But the 3+ hour english class gets a little tiring after awhile(as much as I need it) I gotta keep myself awake some how...:help:

food in a car....tisk tisk

Adams should knock it right out tho. I had some NASTY stains in the tan interior of my car from work(warehouse) and nothing I tried would get it out, I even went so far to use undiluted simple green but the C&UP had it gone in seconds with almost no effort.

Well the food was not actually in the car. I would kill if some was eating in my car lol. It came off the bottom of someones clothes.:mad:

Archived