Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best wax polish for fibreglass boats?

autojoy

Question

I have been asked by a customer what is the best wax polish for fibreglass boats with a gel coat? Which would give the best shine? :help:

This customer is in Sweden and I guess as soon as the temperature improves the boats will be hauled out and cleaned and polished, he has already bought some APC which he seems to like.

Please could anybody reccommend any Adams products up to the task.

I believe he can machine polish.

Many thanks Roger Cowley (Autojoy) UK :uk:

6 answers to this question

Depending on the severity of the boats...

I like FMP followed by Americana but any of the waxes will work great. They are ALL silicon free which means no yellowing over time like other "car" waxes will do.

Depending on the severity of the boats...

I like FMP followed by Americana but any of the waxes will work great. They are ALL silicon free which means no yellowing over time like other "car" waxes will do.

Thanks Chris, :thumbsup: do you think MSW would be best as a sealant followed by FMP?

Thanks Chris, :thumbsup: do you think MSW would be best as a sealant followed by FMP?

I'm sure it'd be more than up to the task of protecting the gelcoat.

I LOVE me some MSW...

Like Dylan said... If it's really bad off you're going to want to kick it pretty hard with SHR, but I'd use a rotary on it. I've had great luck with rotaries on gelcoat in the past. Just keep it moving... :thumbsup:

I did 2 boats this past summer but all they wanted was them washed and waxed.I didnt really klnow what to charge since I never did boats so I called a local boat dealer and they charge $10 a foot.So I told the customers this and they both jumped at the chance.

Archived