Customer Service 866.965.0400

Infiniti FX50 Self-Healing paint

SpankDog

Question

Has anyone worked on one of the new Infiniti's with the self-healing paint yet? I did a search and only came up with one post. My dad just picked up a 2009 FX50 and it looks like its been through a few car washes. I am wondering if its safe to use the FMP with the PC on this paint or should we just leave it out in the sun and wait for the magic to happen? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

I've played with some of this and I'm thinking all they've done is create a paint that is easier to swirl up. I haven't noticed it being any more likely to 'heal' itself than any other paint, but it certainly is susceptible to marring... even the lightest pressure on the clay and it was a mess.

My brother has a G37 with this paint and he swears after sitting in the sun it'll reduce them but they're still there. If I remember right it only lasts 3 years and then the clear hardens over. His is black by the way.

Chris

Well that doesn't sound too good. I guess I'll avoid claying it. Were you able to remove the swirls?

If you're going to polish it won't matter about the clay causing marring. The swirls came out really easily FMP and a white pad took everything out on the test panel I did, it was a badly swirled fender on a black FX.

Archived