Michael B.

Here we go, my first trial at headlight detailing

Before :

kim4.jpg

kim17.jpg

kim18.jpg

kim16.jpg

kim15.jpg

Enough pics, lets get to work, i tried going only DA first but it wasnt near enough, so out came the wetsanding paper, first 1000 then 3000

kim5.jpg

Thats done, time for the g220 to come out

kim6.jpg

Done and then finally they got some hard wax

All done :

kim12.jpg

kim13.jpg

kim19.jpg

kim20.jpg

kim9.jpg

Its not perfekt, but all in all a good run, and i learned alot about it, so it was a good day :)

Man we need to get you the small light kit... It'd make quick work to those. The D/A just can't build up enough heat to cut correctly IMO.

Looks great though!

He's in Denmark. Shipping is very high to his neck of the woods.

Yup, thats denmark way over in europe for those who dosent know :hi:

There is an english detailer with some adams products, but if i want adams i would want the same stuff my guru AJ uses aka the junkman adams pack..hehe :banana::pc:

You need to go a heck of a lot faster than 4 or 5 with a PC. That's why in my headlight cleaning video series, I used a drill. You don't need heat to clean the headlights but a drill will produce some. You just need to keep the drill moving. Watch my headlight cleaning video series here.

yeah ived seen your vids, (of course ived seen them..tsk tsk..hehe) but ived seen another vid doing it this way using normal polish, i mean i dont have any special plastic polish products.

Notice that I didn't wet sand those headlights first. I went straight to SHR.

ye i know, but i dont have any SHR or any headlight resto kit, so i cant put any of my pads on a drill, so i only have the option from my pics :)

There's an adapter that should have came with that back plate you're using that would allow for you to put it on a drill. That's the way the Adam's kit is packaged and we use to use that same back plate.

By the way, be careful with that back plate. The foam can come apart and leave you with some nasty damage if you press on it too hard.

There's an adapter that should have came with that back plate you're using that would allow for you to put it on a drill. That's the way the Adam's kit is packaged and we use to use that same back plate.

By the way, be careful with that back plate. The foam can come apart and leave you with some nasty damage if you press on it too hard.

There were no adapter with the back plates that i have, but maybe i can buy something similar here in DK do you know if the thread (not sure its the right word) is mm or in inch? where you schrew the backplate to the polisher

i might go buy a real headlight resto kit soon, but since it was my first try, i had to try and see if i could do it this way :pc:

Archived