Customer Service 866.965.0400

how would you restore these kind of wheels

03silvss

Question

im going to be doing my buddys 07 dodge ram and its got those like plastic 20" oem chrome rims, im wondering how you would get these wheels back to new, like i said there like a plastic chrome anybody else run into this before?

14 answers to this question

IMG_4040.jpg?t=1270668355

I bought this truck new and have always just use car wash soap to clean and then put a coat of wax on them. I usually wash my truck at least once a week, so they never stay dirty very long. Although I do work in construction so they do get pretty nasty. Since I bought Adam's products I started putting BSG on them.

Well if the chrome started peeling he is out of luck. GWC will clean them up, but once they start peeling...

On a related thought, you might be able to find some OE take offs cheap. So many people put custom wheels on trucks the factory ones are practically give-aways. I paid $100.00 for a set of four alloy wheels for my Silverado recently. Check local tire stores, etc.

Bruce

Yup, I've got the same problem with my wheels on my Charger. Stupid plastic wheels. I would suggest using a VERY light polish, names of which I will not mention on Adam's forums because I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate me promoting other products here. But after I do that I'm going to put a nice coat of buttery wax on there every other time I wash the car so I've got a nice coat on there by the time winter rolls around again.

Archived