Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pad Priming and Polish Amt.?

Obsessed

Question

With a brand new pad working a 2 x 2 area is it better to prime the pad first with DS or use it with just the 4 pea sized drops of SHR?

Moving on to the next 2 x 2 area, how much more SHR should you apply to the pad and should you prime the pad with DS?

Thanks for you advice!

4 answers to this question

I always prime the pad and then i use 3 drops on the pad and work it in so it doesnt sling then use the machine to polish. then while im working it if it seems to be drying up or lightly dusting then i hit it with another shot of DS and kinda of bring it back to life and use whats on the pad for the same area or start a new area depending how much is on the pad. I did notice some dusting when doing my truck but not alot and then id hit with the ds and work it some more.

1-2 sprays of DS + 4 pea sized drops on the first panel

1 spray of DS + 2-3 pea sized drops on each subsequent panel

If your pad starts to get a little clogged up try doing a pass with detail spray priming only. It will reactivate the polish thats in the pad already.

If your pad starts to get a little clogged up try doing a pass with detail spray priming only. It will reactivate the polish thats in the pad already.

:iagree:Thats what I do also! Post up pics when you are done.:2thumbs:

:iagree:

Works the bee's knees! Remember, the pad does most of the correcting... It's hard to get that into your head (my head) after so many years of using the polish to do it all... :loser:

Archived