Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chrome clad wheel care??

STex

Question

My GMC has chrome clad wheels. What would I use to clean the chrome when washing and then to protect (MSW?) it? And then to detail it with out taking the protection off the chrome?? Thanks for a reply.

9 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply. Then in a few days when I just want to knock the dust off and not wash, do I use detail or waterless wash or detail and bsg? Or just wipe down with damp towel.

Also when I wash again, do I lay off the wheel cleaner to keep from stripping the wax/bsg? The car soap should be enough...?

Thanks for the reply. Then in a few days when I just want to knock the dust off and not wash, do I use detail or waterless wash or detail and bsg? Or just wipe down with damp towel.

Also when I wash again, do I lay off the wheel cleaner to keep from stripping the wax/bsg? The car soap should be enough...?

You'll find that with a coat of MSW the wheels will come clean very easily. If the dust is light all it will take is a blast with the hose. I'd avoid using anything more than DS/WW/or Soap to clean them on subsequent washes to preserve the MSW for a long as possible. GWC won't strip it completely, but I'd imagine it does degrade the durability.

Thanks all, I think I got it. I use CWS, will this remove much wax on the car or wheels?

Will post pics after next wash and detail. Not my favorite wheel but all that you could get on the truck and I do not care much for after market. They are putting these chrome clad wheels on all the fords and dodges too!!

Ya like I said not my favorite and too much chrome for me and not really chrome??? Ya go dove hunting and you have to hide your wheels and they look funny in the pasture...look ok in town...But that is the current trend...I will see if MSW helps them out as they do scratch...

Archived