Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water Spots on windows after wash

JerseyGator

Question

Yesterday after washing and blow drying my car outside in the sun. I pulled it in the garage and finished wiping it down with a quick mist of DS. But afterward I noticed some water spots on the windows.

My question is would the glass sealant have prevented this and would glass cleaner take it off. I thought the DS would have done the trick. Hmmmm...

14 answers to this question

If glass cleaner does not take them off try claying, and then hit the windows with some SHR. I would use the spot pads on a drill, if you do not have those the orange pad, or even the yellow pad will work. Glass is very hard and it takes a lot to take anythign out of it.

If glass cleaner does not take them off try claying, and then hit the windows with some SHR. I would use the spot pads on a drill, if you do not have those the orange pad, or even the yellow pad will work. Glass is very hard and it takes a lot to take anythign out of it.

That's all good advice for removal, but I wouldn't want to do that after every wash that I happen to not dry the windows soon enough.

I'm looking for something that would prevent it. Have you used the sealant?

I have the sealant on my windows. It seems to make them easier to clean. However when I wash my car in the sun I still get some water spots on the glass. These always come off with glass cleaner and the glass cleaning towels.

Yesterday after washing and blow drying my car outside in the sun.

You might not have dried them fast enough, since you said the car was outside in the sun.

would glass cleaner take it off.

I would try it to see if it would take care of the water spots. If it does not remove the water spots I would then take out the Yellow Pad (Spot ones if you have them) and some SHR and start to work.

I had water spots on my glass very very bad and used the Yellow Pad and the SHR and they are now all gone. I think it took me a total of around 20 minutes to do all the glass from start to finish. (It included washing, clay bar, SHR, and wash after I completed).

My question is would the glass sealant have prevented this

I think it would have prevented it and also drying them faster too. I have all the glass sealed on mine and still no water spots. The glass sealant is excellent.

If I remember right you said it was around 90ºF when you washed it right?

I'd say that's pretty normal. Usually they'll wipe off pretty easy but at worse they'd need a bit of clay.

The sealant would make them come off that much easier if not keep them from happening in the first place.

Chris

If I remember right you said it was around 90ºF when you washed it right?

I'd say that's pretty normal. Usually they'll wipe off pretty easy but at worse they'd need a bit of clay.

The sealant would make them come off that much easier if not keep them from happening in the first place.

Chris

It was around 90. I used clay and DS to remove them. They came off very easy without much effort. Will put window cleaner and sealent on my wish list. :willy:

Thanks for all the feed back. :cheers:

I have the sealant on my windows. It seems to make them easier to clean. However when I wash my car in the sun I still get some water spots on the glass. These always come off with glass cleaner and the glass cleaning towels.

:iagree:

I also get waterspots on my windows after a wash...I have a black car so the drying process needs to be as quick as possible. I use an electric leaf blower to hit most of the water off and then go over the windows w/ Glass Cleaner using the Glass Cleaning Towel. No streaks and No watermarks afterwards.

It was around 90. I used clay and DS to remove them. They came off very easy without much effort. Will put window cleaner and sealent on my wish list. :willy:

Thanks for all the feed back. :cheers:

I put new wiper blades on my Father in-laws car the other day and to WOW him (doesn't wax anything) I clayed his windshield and put the sealant on it. It was raining cats and dogs on Saturday and him and his wife were out and he was so amazed that he said that he'd like a bottle of it. lol He said I was right... Over 50mph and you can all but shut off the wipers... :thumbsup:

Chris

No. Sure wish I could. My envy meter spikes everytime I see someone with a drain in the garage.

Same here. If I ever could have a "dream home", the garage would be 4 or 5 space with a carport screened in for washing during the warm weather.

Archived