Customer Service 866.965.0400

Questions about wax.

sixt9stang

Question

So what would you guys do for waxing a daily driver? I picked up Americana in the Junkman Kit but it sounds like MSW is more durable and lasts longer? So then why is Americana so expensive if MSW is better? In the videos Adam says that 2 coats of Americana equal about one of MSW. Also where does Buttery fit into all of this for durability and quality?

Thanks guys.

10 answers to this question

Out of Buttery, Americana, and MSW, Buttery would be the least durable.

As for MSW and Americana, they're two different types of products. MSW is actually a sealant, where Americana is a carnauba wax.

I think the reason Americana is so much more has to do with the ingredients. I would guess the high level of carnauba has something to do with it.

Out of Buttery, Americana, and MSW, Buttery would be the least durable.

As for MSW and Americana, they're two different types of products. MSW is actually a sealant, where Americana is a carnauba wax.

I think the reason Americana is so much more has to do with the ingredients. I would guess the high level of carnauba has something to do with it.

Buttery has some carnauba, but Americana has more.They boyh are a great wax.:cheers:

For longevity, MSW is first, followed fairly closely by Americana, then by Buttery.

MSW is very shiny and lasts a looong time, esp. good for those of us whose daily drivers live outside.

But don't discount Buttery Wax, it is amazingly good looking, and one of the best parts is that you can throw a fast coat on in the blazing sun and it wipes off really easily. It doesn't last as long as the other two, but it goes on and off so fast under tough conditions that it is very doable.

LivingWater has done (may still do) his Corvette with it, and it has an outstanding look. None of these are shabby! Check it out

I used Buttery only on my DD that lives outside 27/7 for almost a year. I had to apply it every 6 weeks or so but it worked and looked great. I then started using MSW and would chase that with buttery. I've been very happy with the results.

So since MSW is a sealer it probably shouldn't be used on fresh paint right?

You don't want to put any wax on fresh paint. Make sure the paint has had time to cure before applying any protection.

... I think the reason Americana is so much more has to do with the ingredients. I would guess the high level of carnauba has something to do with it.

Correct. Carnuba is not cheap.

For longevity, MSW is first, followed fairly closely by Americana, then by Buttery.

MSW is very shiny and lasts a looong time, esp. good for those of us whose daily drivers live outside.

Not quite. Wax does not make your paint shine unless you put it on dirty paint. Wax "protects" the shine you get from polishing the paint. MSW being a sealant does more to protect the paint than any of the other waxes that Adam's sells. Americana on the other hand adds depth to the shine, which may make it appear to be shinier.

Correct. Carnuba is not cheap.

Not quite. Wax does not make your paint shine unless you put it on dirty paint. Wax "protects" the shine you get from polishing the paint. MSW being a sealant does more to protect the paint than any of the other waxes that Adam's sells. Americana on the other hand adds depth to the shine, which may make it appear to be shinier.

Hmmm, this place must finally be getting through to me, because I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't sure so didn't pipe up.

See you still run on USMC timings AJ? Mighty early in Kentucky!

Archived