Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and Dry, my thoughts

BlownG8GT

Question

Well, after going to my local distributor Joe Everette and picking up some necessity's I decided to wash the G8. Joe gave me some hints on washing the car that he said would net some awesome results, I admit I was a bit skeptical of the advice but I figured I would try it out.

Joe's Advice:

1. "Rinse car with new Adam's "Fire Hose" nozzle" Ok, I had sticker shock with the 19.95 price tag on a hose nozzle.....BUT, I do not know how I lived without this thing so long! LOVE IT!

2. "Wash car with Adam's Car Wash and use Adam's wash mitt". Typical wash technique, although the soap is foamy and seems to leave less streaks.

3. "Rinse off car wash soap using the "Fire Hose" Nozzle." Again, this is the most amazing damn hose nozzle I have ever used. Funny, I looked around as I was standing at Joes house and notice ALL OF HIS NEIGHBORS HAD ONE:thumbsup:

4. "When drying off the car with your new "WHITE WAFFLE MICROFIBER DRYING TOWEL" spray a light haze of detail spray on each panel before you wipe it down". Well, at first I was like WTF Joe are you just trying to use up some detail spray so you can sell me more?" Answer: NO, this was a GREAT TIP! It too less effort, and left ZERO spots on the paint after I dried the car. Again, amazing tip!

5. "Use VRT on the tires, apply with Adam's applicator sponge". Yeah, aaa, hell yes...this is great stuff!

6. "Wipe down interior with all purpose cleaner" Again, great stuff!

7. "Finish off with In & Out spray on all of the plastic trim" I wont even go into that, we do not have all day to read about me raving about it.:rockon:

Need I mention how incredible the drying towel is? This is just a great product in itself....although I noticed it was turning pink from the detail spray.

After dropping a few hunderd bucks and thinking, I had lost my mind.... I have decided it was a great INVESTMENT for my car. Yes, I have used the stuff in the past, but I had no real need to use it on my daily driver...it was a bucket. Now that I have a car worthy of the product I am STOKED!

Thanks Adam and Crew, you guys truly have an amazing product!

18 answers to this question

Need I mention how incredible the drying towel is? This is just a great product in itself....although I noticed it was turning pink from the detail spray.

I have noticed my blue towels turn pink after removing detail spray, but after washing they have no hint of the pink. I have not used the white waffle weave towel with detail spray yet, but I would hope they react the same way.

I have noticed my blue towels turn pink after removing detail spray, but after washing they have no hint of the pink. I have not used the white waffle weave towel with detail spray yet, but I would hope they react the same way.

I am sure it will.....Just something I noticed. Glad to know it washed out of your blue towels!

Excellent post Brian! Nicely done, and thanks very much for taking the time to do this write-up!:2thumbs:

6. "Wipe down interior with all purpose cleaner" Again, great stuff!

We should get some Leather & Interior Cleaner into your hands, a much better product for this application!

Edited by Adam

Excellent post Brian! Nicely done, and thanks very much for taking the time to do this write-up!:2thumbs:

We should get some Leather & Interior Cleaner into your hands, a much better product for this application!

Any time Adam ;)

Got some interior and leather cleaner....just did not need it with only 700 miles on the car. I just did a wipe down of the inside......Give me some time, it will get dirty!

4. "When drying off the car with your new "WHITE WAFFLE MICROFIBER DRYING TOWEL" spray a light haze of detail spray on each panel before you wipe it down". Well, at first I was like WTF Joe are you just trying to use up some detail spray so you can sell me more?" Answer: NO, this was a GREAT TIP! It too less effort, and left ZERO spots on the paint after I dried the car. Again, amazing tip!

I washed mine yesterday and had seen them recommend this in the past so I used my Griots water blade to remove the mass amount of water after letting most of it bead off and was AMAZED by the difference it made...:o It made the towel glide easier across the panels and I SWEAR it made the water absorb better into the towel.:loser: Well now I have a clean car for T-day! :rockon: This black car is kicking my ***... It's hard keeping it scratch free, but Adams is helping me do it with their great products. I'm looking forward to your up coming spray on wax like others have in their line.

Chris

BlownG8, Wait until you start using the polishing and waxing products. They are the easiest products to put on and take off that I have ever used. I have used Adams stuff for a few years now and I love them. I did some tests early to see if it was worth it or not like you and I have some of my buddies hooked now too. Way in the beginning Adam even answered some email questions on a Sunday afternoon. That is devotion. Well I am getting to sound like a salesman too much. Get the PC polisher and the pads and the new polish and wax for that new G8 and you will never regret it. My 32 Ford loves the stuff and now even my 97 Grand Prix with over 300,00 miles enjoys a nice rub down.

I washed mine yesterday and had seen them recommend this in the past so I used my Griots water blade to remove the mass amount of water after letting most of it bead off and was AMAZED by the difference it made...:o It made the towel glide easier across the panels and I SWEAR it made the water absorb better into the towel.:loser: Well now I have a clean car for T-day! :rockon: This black car is kicking my ***... It's hard keeping it scratch free, but Adams is helping me do it with their great products. I'm looking forward to your up coming spray on wax like others have in their line.

Chris

Sweet deal! Black is a nightmare :(

BlownG8, Wait until you start using the polishing and waxing products. They are the easiest products to put on and take off that I have ever used. I have used Adams stuff for a few years now and I love them. I did some tests early to see if it was worth it or not like you and I have some of my buddies hooked now too. Way in the beginning Adam even answered some email questions on a Sunday afternoon. That is devotion. Well I am getting to sound like a salesman too much. Get the PC polisher and the pads and the new polish and wax for that new G8 and you will never regret it. My 32 Ford loves the stuff and now even my 97 Grand Prix with over 300,00 miles enjoys a nice rub down.

LOL I hear ya, I used the claybar and buttery wax last week and all I can say is HOLY ****! I have never seen a white car shine like this! The one thing I did like about the finished product is the "spider webs" in the paint were GONE!

A+++ to Adams!

Tom

Thanks for the welcome. While I am new to this forum, I am not new to Adams. A couple of years ago Adam was even kind enough to put my 32 in his testimonials section. He teased about my "dirty" engine. I put some pics in my area, but I always have a tough time figuring out which ones. Of course I am like most guys and have tons of pics while the car was being finished. I bought it about 80% done and then finished it. I had to have the interior done, but my wife helped pick out colors and things that we wanted in it. I built the overhead console, dash extension, and extension to the floor board for a clean look. I love driving the car and going to shows with a couple of friends hence the pic of the 51 Ford Pickup and Cobra. I look forward to spending a lot of time on this forum reading about everyone and their toys.

Edited by McDuff