Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polished by hand....question about SHR

clayc_989

Question

So when I went to use the SHR after claying the truck twice (trust me it was nasty) I noticed that the stuff would stick to the paint kinda. Like it dried up real fast and when I went back over the spots with the pad, it just wiped it off in little clumps....is that normal?

Either way, once it was ran over with the Revive Polish, the finish was very, very smooth and the scratches less noticeable, I was pretty impressed how it was before the Buttery Wax.

9 answers to this question

Hi Clay, thanks for your business, and I'd love to see pictures of your truck!

You don't need to remove the Swirl & Haze Remover. Just go over it with Revive Polish, and then remove that residue easily.

SHR isn't designed to be removed, and under no circumstances, do you need to spend the time, or dirty a towel removing Swirl & Haze Remover. ;)

Have a look at this:

<object height="344" width="425"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jttVmIPkSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"> </object>

Chapter 15 - Hand Polishing

Well, I do understand that. I've been watching your videos as well as the Junkman's and in the videos the SHR seems to spread real easy, kinda like a wax maybe. It seems to be nice and creamy but after I spread it around, it seems to almost instantly dry. I'll have orange spots where it has been....

Let's say I'm working a 1' square, I rub the SHR around and it is orange but when I go back to work it, the orange just comes off. When I look down at the paint from an angle, I get a bit of a haze but not much. Not like the Revive Polish. The RP works in a creamier fashion and I can spread it out, the SHR just seems to clump up on the pad and fall off the paint.

Either way, I didn't wipe the area down with towel or anything before putting the RP on and it did come out nice and smooth, almost like when I used to only apply wax to the truck.

I hope that's a better explanation.

Well, I do understand that. I've been watching your videos as well as the Junkman's and in the videos the SHR seems to spread real easy, kinda like a wax maybe. It seems to be nice and creamy but after I spread it around, it seems to almost instantly dry. I'll have orange spots where it has been....

Let's say I'm working a 1' square, I rub the SHR around and it is orange but when I go back to work it, the orange just comes off. When I look down at the paint from an angle, I get a bit of a haze but not much. Not like the Revive Polish. The RP works in a creamier fashion and I can spread it out, the SHR just seems to clump up on the pad and fall off the paint.

Either way, I didn't wipe the area down with towel or anything before putting the RP on and it did come out nice and smooth, almost like when I used to only apply wax to the truck.

I hope that's a better explanation.

I think I understand what you are trying to say, what were your working conditions.... was it hot, were you working outside in the sun. I have noticed that when I work with SHR outside it tends to do what you said it done to you. I have to work SHR outside because I have no garage, but I try to find a tree or some shade. Hope this helps.

I don't have access to a garage big enough to fit my vehicle in so I did this outside under a large shade tree. I'm not sure how hot it was. I work in the sun all day long and after a while, it's just kinda something you don't consider all that much but the paint was cool to the touch.

Make sure to prime your applicator with a shot of detail spray and then some SHR and then work it. You may need to re-prime your applicator every so often to reactivate the SHR.

Chris

Well, I guess I will do it that way NEXT TIME! This past time I applied SHR over the entire car (panel by panel) wiped it off. Then did the same with RP. I had a cloudy to partly cloudy day, the SHR did pretty much what you experienced. I seemed to have a harder time wiping off the RP. It seemed to leave a little bit of haze and I had to apply extra oomph to get it off. The BW was a breeze. I applied 2 coats. Overall I was 80-85% satisfied with my rookie detail experience. Now if I want to go back and try to get that extra 10-15%, can I just wash down the car and start with the SHR? I assume the SHR removes the wax that's on there? The car hasn't been driven but is covered in pollen. (grrrr!!!!)

Archived