Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vinyl dashboard question

LDTcapitan

Question

I have a Mercedes Benz C300 and the entire dashboard and upper door area is a kind of rough vinyl so I was wondering, to dress it should I use VRT or the Leather and Interior cleaner? I live in Miami so I'm figuring the Leather and interior cleaner's higher SPF would be better.

Thanks,

Tony :2thumbs:

9 answers to this question

Most of us tend to use the Leather Condioner for the type of use. It gives a nice clean look to the vinyl that isnt super shiny, and it also has a much higher spf than the VRT, and with a dash and interior thats a big plus.

I agree with Christopher, this is what you want.....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">66.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Leather Conditioner</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: D008</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $19.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><FORM id=AddToCartForm_66_74 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_66_74 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_66_74_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d18%26SEName%3dinterior method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Ah, the smell of rich, supple leather! There's nothing quite like it. Keep it that way with Adam's Leather Conditioner. It's the premium interior treatment.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The interior CLEANER is only to clean. The leather conditioner would be my choice and then buff to get less shine.

Chris

:iagree:

I use them both on my dashboard's, Titan, Saab, and CRV with great results!

I agree with Christopher, this is what you want.....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">66.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"></TD><TD width="46%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Leather Conditioner</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: D008</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $19.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><FORM id=AddToCartForm_66_74 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_66_74 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_66_74_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d18%26SEName%3dinterior method=post></FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Ah, the smell of rich, supple leather! There's nothing quite like it. Keep it that way with Adam's Leather Conditioner. It's the premium interior treatment.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:iagree:

I use them both on my dashboard's, Titan, Saab, and CRV with great results!

+1

Depends on your desired result and/or need for protection.

Leather & Interior Conditioner will give you SPF 65 protection and dries a nice low gloss.

VRT offers SPF 30 and has a tad more gloss.

This picture really shows the difference well on the textured dash of a G8:

VRT ON THE RIGHT, LEATHER CONDITIONER ON THE LEFT, NAKED IN THE MIDDLE

DSC00897.jpg

Thanks to whiterp199 for providing the picture. :cheers:

Depends on your desired result and/or need for protection.

Leather & Interior Conditioner will give you SPF 65 protection and dries a nice low gloss.

VRT offers SPF 30 and has a tad more gloss.

This picture really shows the difference well on the textured dash of a G8:

VRT ON THE RIGHT, LEATHER CONDITIONER ON THE LEFT, NAKED IN THE MIDDLE

DSC00897.jpg

Thanks to whiterp199 for providing the picture. :cheers:

Dylan & Ray that is a great comparison!:2thumbs:

Conditioner after the cleaner...you'll be amazed at how much is pulled out of the vinyl with the cleaner, then top it off and finish with the conditioner. You do not need to clean each time, just when its looking dirty.

Welcome to the forum!

Archived