Customer Service 866.965.0400

How Much Protection Do I Have Left?

LinPark

Question

Well, today the answer is plenty. :willy:

I just finished up the hood on my car this weekend. SHR, FMP, Revive, and MSW - how will I know when its time for more polish/wax on that surface? Also, will the Brilliant Spray Glaze on top of the MSW do anything for me?

This entire process is taking way more time than I bargained for - I've finished the roof and the hood - I still have both sides, the rear, the hatch/spoiler, and the front. I just knew I shoulda bought a SmartCar or a Mini. :glasses:

5 answers to this question

IMO...When the water no longer beads is when you have no more protection.. as there are so many other factors that affect the longevity of wax and sealants. In may case it lasted all winter and it was still beading before i put on a new layer of Americana

BSG is meant for gloss and has no protective properties.. others, please chime in if I'm wrong.

I know how you feel, I did the same thing last November and took me honestly 2 8 hour days to finish polishing my car and day of curing time for 2 coats of MSW, but, when I realized it took me 5 hours just to SHR the hood, I told myself don't quit now you'll have the best looking car on the road.. err...at least until it snows..

The SHR really is what's killing me - I'm spending probably 80% of my time with that to knock out all the imperfections - the FMP, Revive, and MSW are cake compared to the SHR. I'll keep at it but at this pace, when I'm all done, it seems like I'm just going to start on the front again. :) The nice thing is that if I never have to put the SHR on the car again I could actually see myself doing the entire car in under 2 days.

The car sits in the garage everyday and comes out in the evening for a few hours on the weekend - I try to keep it out of the weather but in South Florida the weather changes every 10 minutes.

Adam has said in the past that initially FMP was created by taking revive and SHR and mixing them. I see NO reason to use Revive after FMP. I've tried it after and I saw NO change. JMO of course.

80% of your time SHOULD be spent using SHR.

Chris

Archived