Customer Service 866.965.0400

I Hate FedEx. Again.

GerryC

I ordered a mini-fridge from Walmart on May 27th. The particular model I wanted was only available online, so I had a feeling it was going to be a nightmare, however all the other models in the same price range were either too small or crappy brands so I went with this one. Scheduled delivery was June 3rd because of the holiday weekend.

June 3rd early AM it arrives at the local sort facility in Wallingford, CT. Next to this entry in the tracking information it says 'Damaged In Transit'. Great.

Call FedEx, they send it back to Walmart. Call Walmart, they 1-day ship a replacement. So far so good. It's the weekend so the new scheduled delivery date is today. Well, was.

Tracking information today showed that it was delivered on the front steps at 4:21pm. I was home. Nothing was here. Call FedEx again, inform them that this is a replacement for the first package that they damaged and it was never delivered. They can't do much for me since the driver scanned it as delivered...

I call the local Wallingford facility, and find out the address of the residence where it was actually delivered, same house number, completely different street (the names are not even close to being even relatively similar). This other house is literally 3 minutes away. I did a reverse lookup and found the name and phone number of the people who live there, called, and no answer, and it's too late to drive over there now. FedEx is apparently going to send a driver to their house tomorrow morning to pick it up and bring it here. Hopefully it's the same driver that originally misdelivered it so I can smack him in the face. If not, FedEx will be buying me a new (third) fridge.

This is the THIRD TIME in which I can remember that FedEx has misdelivered one of my packages. My house number is 530. The first time they delivered something to my neighbor at 540, the second time to the funeral home at 830. How retarded are these guys?

Man that blows.......I'm glad my FedEx guy is cool. I think with all the Adam's boxes I get delivered, he is probably an Adams Customer by now. He has inquired about before. :lolsmack:

Hope ur luck turns around, that kinda stinks.

It's definitely a driver issue. I order a ton of stuff and have it delivered to my office. MY office is literally across the street from where the trucks depart from for their deliveries. Does the guy come to me first? Of course not. I am the last of the day and am usually home by then. I have asked this guy to bring any Adams boxes to me first so I can get home and detail. My delivery yesterday came at 4:58 pm while I was home stewing in my garage with no new pads to play with.

Most sort facilities allow local customers to pick up their packages themselves if they anticipate not being home when their deliveries usually occur, or if the package requires a signature.

Anyway, the driver came by today as I was outside washing the G8. He apologized and told me that he had gone back to the other house twice and nobody answered, and that he would try again and then come back later. He also said that himself and a dispatcher both left phone messages on their machine.

If I accidentally received something that wasn't addressed to me I would at least make an effort to contact the addressee, especially if I see they live 3 minutes away.

Yeah, FedEx ground and freight is scary. They only use contractors, never in an actual FedEx vehicle and never seem to pull head from rear. Express and Air is much better thankfully (FedEx air is the best in the business).

I always love it when we have 2 different FedEx trucks/drivers show up in a day because one is ground and one express. Neither can get both. Retarded!

I get 2 bills a week from FedEx EVERY Monday and due to pay by Friday. Retarded!! (UPS sends one bill, once a month saving postage, paper, time and check fees)

My worst FedEx story is when I bought a TPI system from someone and he shipped all the stuff in 3 boxes. One box came in the morning, the second in the evening (different truck and driver) and the third was lost! Thankfully they haven't lost anything of mine recently.

• 1 month later...

FedEx have again failed epically.

My latest Adam's shipment was supposed to arrive today, however it didn't because the FedEx driver tried to deliver my package to an apartment complex, and returned it because the shipping address did not list an apartment number. I live in a single family house.

What I cannot understand for the life of me is how he can notice that there was no apartment number on the shipping label, but could not notice that the address next to which the number should have been was NOT THE ADDRESS OF WHERE HE CURRENTLY WAS.

Adam's customer service rep Brian Rogers was quick to respond to the exception and made me aware of it as soon as he found out. He even sent a message back to FedEx for me since I was at work at the time. If only FedEx employed people like that...

I hate FedEx too! They never leave any of my packages. Like if I order something from Apple and fill out the Pre-Sign label they will take the label and not leave the package unless someone is at the door.

They take forever....

They say they attempted to deliver a when I know they haven't been their at all cause I was waiting for them...

I can go on and on and on. I LOVE UPS!!!!

Not meaning to hijack this thread, especially since this is no help to the OP, but I get everything delivered to my place of employment. :mail: No more packages left on the porch to bake or freeze. Plus when I used to live in a townhouse the boxes magically disappeared...no more. Of course Becky and Paula now know of my newfound addiction: "Hey Paul, another box from Adam's" :D

That sucks... a lot of times it comes down to the driver and it sounds like you have a not so good one. Hope you get your fridge.... reminds me. I gotta start the hunt for my new garage mini fridge.

Dylan-I have a hookup here in NorCal for Rockstar, Monster, and Red Bull fridges...glass doors with lighted interiors. Got my son a 5' Rockstar for his studio-so cool. Happy to set you up if you're ever up this way.

As far as UPS goes, I have possibly the best driver in the world. If he sees I have a package in his truck, he always calls me before he delivers it to the door, in case it's something I don't want the wife to see (car parts, music gear, etc). :2thumbs:

Archived