Customer Service 866.965.0400

Does anyone still have 56k?

GTO Guy

56k is common in my rural community. You have to live within a mile of a phone substation to get DSL and not everyone can get cable. Thank god I can get cable. The broadband initiative the govt has called for is being put in place here. The towers are up and I guess they will start beaming broadband. I hear that its mostly for businesses but underserved areas can access it.

We've been using Comcast for about 8 years, speed is fantastic (30mbps down, 8 up), but they keep increasing their prices a few dollars every month (and taking away channels form the tv lineup) so we are looking at AT&T Uverse as a bundle for TV/Internet/Landline to save about $25 a month

Ive been on broadband for years... I have FiOS at the moment - FTTP/FTTH (Fiber To The Prem, Fiber To The Home). Lightning fast internet 25mbps down, 20mbps up. They offer 50/25, but I think even 25/20 is fast as it is... I install broadband for AT&T, anything over 10m down and 2 up, will more than suffice for 95% of american residential users.

Just think a DS1 circuit (T1) is 1.5mbps down, and a DS3 circuit (T3) is 44mbps down... Many residential customers run faster than their corporate LAN's.

OK since I posted a warning recently. I use my cell phone and I live in a bad reception area. But it gets the job done. I can't even look at the pics in my own post. I have to upload them from a hardline. So if I post pics I am at work or my girlfriend's house.

Archived