Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do I get the armorall out of my fender brush

Armorall always seemed to ruin brushes and sponges nasty and gross. Thats why I stopped using it. Go to like Walmart or the Dollar Store and see if they have a product called "Mean Green", it comes in a white bottle or jug and has a green and orange label. Worked great to get that stuff off.

If you find it buy the Jug and fill a small container big enough for the brush and let it soak for about 2 hours with 100% Mean Green. Then try to wash it with warm water.

If it doesnt work.... Mean Green works pretty well around the house.

just got to like acklands or a distrubutor of construction tools,safety equipment, things like that at and ask them if they have some solvent im not sure of the name brand cus we just get it in 5 gallon jugs

I may have something for it.

Just got home from work and the brush was dry from it's APC bath, but still full of that garbage. Decided to try one last thing.

I hammered it with WD-40 and then rinsed it under scalding hot water. The crap started coming out. Repeated this about six times and now the bristles are starting to look grey again.

Going to hit it with WD-40 one more time and let it sit for a while and rinse again.

And the results as of five minutes ago.

I think I am liking it!

CIMG0047-1.jpg

And the before, just to remind.

CIMG0071.jpg

Just remember, WD-40 is some strong smelling stuff. Had to open the door and windows...........

actually it was from work today. Had to replace a tow cable for our sidescan sonar and the full shop, with the hand cleaner, was locked, it being Sunday and all. Hands full of grease, oil and silcon and no way to clean them before getting in the car. Spotted the WD-40 on the bench. Worked like a charm, then I remembered this thread.

The real trick was washing off Water Displacement forumla 40...........LOL

Kerosene will take it off... Then use APC to clean the brush of the kerosene.

Many people use WD-40 and Kerosene to clean motorcycle chains (I use kerosene) and it works amazingly. It'd work for this too, and it won't harm the brush.

Kerosene is a GREAT degreaser.

Chris

Archived