Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do I get the armorall out of my fender brush

Ok so I bought the new truck but the dealer put more armorall than I've ever seen in my life on it. I used the fender brush to scrub the bed, tires, axles, fenders, pretty much the entire underside of the truck. Now my problem is it has turned the brush nasty I've tried hot water and APC I even tried scrubbing the driveway and it helped alittle but it's still just gunky and black:(. Any ideas?

let the brush head soak overnight in water/apc. If it's still black it's probably just stained, sort of like how your tire sponges are still black after you clean them

and always tell the dealer 'do not detail' !

Its not Armorall, its a polymer based stuff they use.. and its NASTY! Too the whole sample bottle of APC I had to get it just of my tires.. and it did the same thing to my brush.. I put a pot of boiling water and some APC in bucket and soaked it.. I had to do it a few times to get mine cleaner.. but it never looked right again..

Its not Armorall, its a polymer based stuff they use.. and its NASTY! Too the whole sample bottle of APC I had to get it just of my tires.. and it did the same thing to my brush.. I put a pot of boiling water and some APC in bucket and soaked it.. I had to do it a few times to get mine cleaner.. but it never looked right again..

ya my tires are 35/12 I used about half a gallon of apc and the power sprayer at the local wash to get the carp off.

I let it soak overnight and although it turned the water/apc combo BLACK the brush is still nasty... looks like I'll be ordering another one and just using this one on the axles or something. owell

Well I know that Castrol Super Purple is NASTY stuff, that may work as well. I use is so sparingly I have had the same gallon for 2 years! Its that brutal! I try to use Simple Green mostly, and now APC..

Mine looks like the picture that Jim posted. This was after cleaning some dirty wheel wells. However, they didn't have anything on them to begin with. It was just dirt and grime. I sprayed it down with APC, and once the water I was rinsing it with turned clear, I figured that was good enough. I've used the brush plenty of times since with no issues. Still works great. The brush is intended for a dirty job, so it's likely not going to stay looking new.

Mine looks like the picture that Jim posted. This was after cleaning some dirty wheel wells. However, they didn't have anything on them to begin with. It was just dirt and grime. I sprayed it down with APC, and once the water I was rinsing it with turned clear, I figured that was good enough. I've used the brush plenty of times since with no issues. Still works great. The brush is intended for a dirty job, so it's likely not going to stay looking new.

I used it on the charger 2x a week and it looked great. Im not gonna throw it out but I want one thats not nasty for the engine bay and stuff.

Archived