Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirls in wax?

G8V8

Question

I've noticed a lot of swirls bands in my finish when the sun hits it just right (just wrong?) It has been through SHR, etc. the whole show and it looked great but now after a while I started seeing the swirls. (No car washes or anything like that). Inside when I looked closely at the paint I could not see swirls in the paint. I used some 50/50 on a door panel and hit is quickly with some machine wax. The next day when I pulled into the sun, the door I stripped was swirl free but the one beside it still showed the swirls. It really seems like the "swirls" were in the wax or detail spray or glaze that had perhaps built up. Does this make any sense?

Nice seeing you in person at Carlisle!

Try using the MSW without doing 50/50, see what that does.

Let us know how it did.:2thumbs:Congrats on youe win!

The pleasure was all mine. It was great to chat with you.

As an experiment I wiped another panel with 50/50 and most of the swirls went away. It is almost like there is some film on it. After that I machine waxed it too and it looks great.

hmmm...could be some product streaking possibly. To test, I would find a perfect panel and apply products one at a time, day by day with time to inspect in between. then you'll know exactly when the issue arises.

Archived