Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hard Water

8rad

Question

Hey I like washing my car at home but I'm in the country on well water, I have all the fancy softeners, filters and uv lights but I still get hard water.

When I rinse my car It gets insane water spots if i dont dry it super fast, most of the time I have to go over it with a detail spray or waterless wash.

I just go to the car wash and fill my pail up most of the time though.

Is there anything I can do to stop the hard water spots?

Pooling rinse works when I just wax my car, but after couple days pooling wont work.

9 answers to this question

Do you take your nozzle off your hose when you rinse, and let it flood & sheet off?And I always spray down with DS before I dry off!

:2thumbs:I live in the country to on well water and hardly ever have a problem.

The water in Horizon city (I am on the border of Horizon and El Paso) which is my water supplier, is terribly Hard!!! I have not had it like this anywhere. I just spent 6 grand on a complete softening/filtration system for my home. I am getting a secondary valve installed for the garage so I can hose down with good water. Less hardness= less soap. Less soap= woohooo!

You can get a specific deionizer for your hosing use. I am going to send you a PM with a link.

Have you had your water tested? You need to get a water treatment person to look at the water again? You have may have other stuff in your water besides the usual stuff that caues hard water stains.

I have a whole house system and it works fine but it will not remove iron, etc. which stains as well.

Have you had your water tested? You need to get a water treatment person to look at the water again? You have may have other stuff in your water besides the usual stuff that caues hard water stains.

I have a whole house system and it works fine but it will not remove iron, etc. which stains as well.

As Al stated, I have a whole house softner and neutralizer and have no problems with hard water at all, as long as the systems are working.

The neutralizer does not soften the water. My water is a ph of 7.8 with just the that. When I washed our vehicles I noticed if I was not quick enough I would get water spots everywhere. We also had appliance issues with the mineral crust, including the death of our boiler.

When I added the softner it dropped to 6.4 ph. Now, I can wash the cars in sun and not have any worries with water/mineral spots. The mineral crude is now gone that use to appear on our appliances, ie. hot water heat, turn off valves and such.

They do make Iron fighter softner pellets that helps to clean the system when it backflushes. We live on the side of a mountain and have alot of iron in ours. I know this from when I change out the filters for the Reverse Osmosis system that sits at our kitchen sink.

The UV light will kill parasites and bacteria in your water but does not soften it. I know this because of my Marine Tank. The ph in it is 8.3 and I run a UV light to kill the organisms that may enter. Plus it aids in the control of alge blooms. If the UV light softened the water then I would have dead marine life because saltwater life needs a higher ph.

Have you cleaned your systems recently? I did have an issue where my softner built up a material in the tube and did not allow for the proper function. Once I cleaned it out and re-filled it I was good to go. It may be worth your while to have a professional come in and check all of your systems.

Sorry about rambling on, I'll stop.

Steve

ps...forgot to mention we have well water too.

Hey I like washing my car at home but I'm in the country on well water, I have all the fancy softeners, filters and uv lights but I still get hard water.

When I rinse my car It gets insane water spots if i dont dry it super fast, most of the time I have to go over it with a detail spray or waterless wash.

I just go to the car wash and fill my pail up most of the time though.

Is there anything I can do to stop the hard water spots?

Pooling rinse works when I just wax my car, but after couple days pooling wont work.

here is a cheaper way to take care of the hard water for washing your car: NO COMPETITORS LINKS PLEASE

you attach it to a garden hose and go to town. You have to buy the water softener pellets separately.

I had water spots ETCHED into my paint thru a clear coat and the wax. Got this to prevent a epeat performance.:xfingers: good luck!

Archived