Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is this normal for a wash mitt

Mustang08

Question

So i got a new jumbo wash mitt and put it next to my smaller mitt that i have only used twice. And this is how they look

P7140221.jpg

P7140222.jpg

P7140223.jpg

The jumbo mitt has never been used yet but the littler one looks so knotted up compared to the new one and was just wondering if that is normal ware after two washes. I have only cleaned it against the grit guard with cold water then let it air drive after i clean the soap out.

8 answers to this question

Here's what Adam said about the wash pads, and how to take care of them.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post127829 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 0px solid" width=175>Adam<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_127829", true); </SCRIPT>

Welcome to AF!</SPAN>

ChiefDetailer.gif

View User Album Posts: 2,719

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_127829 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->icon1.gif Re: Jumbo Wash Pad

<HR style="COLOR: #999999; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hmm, I'd say that my pads don't knot up or dreadlock until 15+ washes. I clean mine by rinsing it thoroughly on top of the Grit Guard, flip it, and rinse again. As mentioned, no need for any detergent.

Post pics of the pad for better feedback, and I'd say that with the next car wash, and rinse, if the knots are still there, we will replace it. (Suppose since we don't have a super thorough video on rinsing the pads, it's my fault! Likely, the detergent wash process caused the knots, as that's unusual.)

Orders@AdamsPolishes.com is the email to hit, if the pad doesn't come back!

Thanks, Adam:thumbsup:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Archived