Customer Service 866.965.0400

ARGH! Deep scratch on my baby!!

Ironman58

Question

I washed my 2010 Camaro this past weekend, and low and behold, I uncovered a hideous scratch on the hood :help:. I ordered the polishing system and will have at it next weekend. Junkman's videos helped put me at ease a bit, and I'm familiar with wet-sanding (being an avid plastic modeler)-My question is, how deep is TOO deep? It looks deeper than those in the videos, but my imagination may be making it much bigger than it is...

16 answers to this question

You'll be fine....go slow...and just feel the area once in a while for excessive heat. You may not knock it 100% with the first pass....but it will improve each go around.

Best tip: perfect a 2x2 area on the hood first. The apply that exact same technique over the entire car. This method saved me a TON of time this weekend on J-rock's Camaro.

WOW...that's AMAZING! Hope I can get my baby looking that good!

It's got 95,000 on it, so it's not perfect but it's dang nice.

You'll have NO problem doing it. Take your time and don't get frustrated. Remember it'll take you 3 times longer than you think... lol

Chris

I can get that out in my sleep. Seriously tho, it doesn't look too bad - shouldn't be an issue removing it. Goodluck!

Thanks! I'm gonna take my laptop to the garage and go step by step using Junkman's videos..

And did your nail catch when you went over it with your finger? It doesn't look all that bad from the larger picture but that can be deceiving.

I'll try the fingernail trick, but I can barely 'feel' it if I run my finger across it..ANYWAY, it'll be a good "learning" opportunity for my first time use with Adams and my new PC...

Use the 4 inch pads and SHR followed by the PC. These new finishes are VERY VERY thin and I wouldn't recommend wet sanding on it.

I took some big ones out of our Enclave this weekend.

Archived