Customer Service 866.965.0400

Old Product

ketchem-pdk9

Question

10 answers to this question

I just bought some Swirl&Haze remover and Revive polish from an Adams dealer. It is older due to the color, I thought it would be ok but reading some forms, it may not be safe. Whats the word before I open it???

:help:

There is absolutely no difference between the white colored SHR and the orange colored version except for the dye that gives it the color. The both perform the same. As long as the product in the bottle is not separated, you will have no issues.

Let us know exactly where you say this concern posted so that we can address it. Nothing like bum scoop going around the web!

There is absolutely no difference between the white colored SHR and the orange colored version except for the dye that gives it the color. The both perform the same. As long as the product in the bottle is not separated, you will have no issues.

Let us know exactly where you say this concern posted so that we can address it. Nothing like bum scoop going around the web!

:iagree:

Junkman: as a forum dweller, I can tell you that there have been discussions here about how long the product's shelf life is.

Adam himself said this: "Chemicals are incredibly sensitive to temperature change, and have a relatively short shelf life. If stored improperly, they can expire immediately. (Above 90F, or below 40F.) If stored perfectly 2 years is about the lifespan."

I've only had my stuff for about 7 months, so I'm not concerned. :thumbsup:

Junkman: as a forum dweller, I can tell you that there have been discussions here about how long the product's shelf life is.

Adam himself said this: "Chemicals are incredibly sensitive to temperature change, and have a relatively short shelf life. If stored improperly, they can expire immediately. (Above 90F, or below 40F.) If stored perfectly 2 years is about the lifespan."

i keep my 5 gallon container of DS in the house-along with everything else. :D

There is no set time on the products, 2 years is an estimate and in many cases they will outlast that time if stored properly. I have an original bottle of SHR and Revive that is probably going on 3 or 4 years old now... still work fine, I just rarely use them since for demo purposes I don't want to confuse people.

Like Junkman said, if they're not separated you should be fine. Give the bottles a good shake and try them, you should be fine, and even if they are "expired" they won't do any damage... worst case is they just simply won't do what they're supposed to.

What you've posted is mostly right but I'm with Dylan. I too have some of the original product that still performs as it should. The product that the OP is questioning hasn't separated thus, I would assume that the dealer has stored the product properly. If that is the case, the product should be just fine.

I was just reading the shelf life concern and that was the reason for the question. No bad scoop going around on my part, just wanted to ensure my ride goes to hero and not to zero. All concerns are answered and thanks for the reply.

:2thumbs:

Just so everyone is aware, I have heard from good authority that all Adams car care products go to heaven. SO... If your product does die prematurely, rest assure it's going to be OK and it's going to a better place.

Keep in mind, not ALL premium car care products go to heaven...

Chris

I was just reading the shelf life concern and that was the reason for the question. No bad scoop going around on my part, just wanted to ensure my ride goes to hero and not to zero. All concerns are answered and thanks for the reply.

:2thumbs:

:thumbsup:

Just so everyone is aware, I have heard from good authority that all Adams car care products go to heaven. SO... If your product does die prematurely, rest assure it's going to be OK and it's going to a better place.

Keep in mind, not ALL premium car care products go to heaven...

Chris

Chris is drinking the Chewy juice early today. :lolsmack:

Archived