Customer Service 866.965.0400

2008 Chevy 4x4 Lifted

Brad519

i think they come with kicker brackets if they dont get skid plates but not too sure. i shoulda gotten the SS lines but too late now. did you get your stuff from Jon at STP? let me know how those gears are (especially at highway speeds of 75) im probably just gona get 4.56 motives from Jon, dont have the change for a true trac.

I got my the BDS and Zone from All Terrain Fabrications in Texas.

Truck is in the shop as we speak getting the gears installed. I'll let you know about them once I run them a bit.

yeah im thinking 4.88's now. im actually looking into ron's machining for the gears a lot cheaper than the price i got from STP and rons includes a true trac. not sure what name brand gears they are though. mind if i ask how much you got the lift and the gears for?

yeah im thinking 4.88's now. im actually looking into ron's machining for the gears a lot cheaper than the price i got from STP and rons includes a true trac. not sure what name brand gears they are though. mind if i ask how much you got the lift and the gears for?

The guy that is installing my gears said he would be leary about Yukon gears as cheap as Ron's sells them. But Most Everyone on GMFullsize swears by Ron. And again a mechanic I AM NOT :) so don't count on me for good advice when it comes to that stuff :willy:

I paid 1086.00 for my Front and Rear Yukon's, Front and Rear Master Install Kit, and the True Trac. That's Not including Install which is going to be around 700-750. I bought them locally but AT Fab quoted like 1040.00 for same set up.

I'm nervous about the ABS light coming on after the gears cause from what I've heard its hit and miss whether it comes on or not. Some say a tune will fix it and some say it won't. Nothing wrong with the ABS but the light may come on. We shall see.

Now don't cry if my Lift was cheaper cause they had it on sale when I bought it. (It lists $1722, we normally sell it for $1499 but this month we will sell it for $1399.) so I paid 1399.00 plus 200.00 for the SS Brake Lines and Upgraded Shocks.

Got the truck back this morning with gears installed.

All I had time to do is drive her home before work.

I got a customized tune for my Predator to adjust for the new gears but didn't install it before driving home. I was cruising along letting folks pass me cause I didn't want to get over 60 for the first 250 miles or so. Anyway I look down and the speedo says I'm going 80:mad: I was like what was I thinking then I thought there is no way I'm going 80. Pulled over and installed the new tune to accommodate for the gears and the speedo seemed to be correct. I will have to check it with the gps tomorrow.

I never got on the gas as the gears are brand new but I will let you know what I think once I get them broken in good. But it drove fine on the highway.

And yeah you got an awesome deal on the BDS. :banana:

I compared the speedo with the GPS and it is right on now after the tune correction for the new gears.

I am starting to really feel the difference with the new gears.

I've only put about 100 miles on her so far but the 4.88's seem to NICE.

im probably gona go with ron's motive gear combo with true trac. save a bit of money since motive and yukons are pretty much the same for quality purposes.

Yeah I've never heard anything bad about Motive gears. I think Yukon and Motive are the favorites on Fullsize.com.

I got this post right when I was leaving for work so but I snapped a quick picture. Truck is parked up against the wall in the carport so I couldn't get a very good one. I'll take some better ones tomorrow though. Here's what I got...I know it sucks

cvangle.jpg

yeah get better ones and if you can get some of how the UCA is on the bumpstop side that would be good too.

Yeah that pic sucked but it was the best I could do right then.

It will be dark before I get home so I'll take some tomorrow and I'll just post them on your thread about your truck on GMFullsize.

Archived