Customer Service 866.965.0400

how long till.....swirls reappear

Fit08

Question

Hey folks,

I was wondering for arguement, how long does it take to see swirls appear again after a good paint correction?

This is of coarse following all the perfect wash steps.

What is the collective seeing 4 weeks, 12 weeks?? What?

16 answers to this question

I don't like it but I've learned to live with it.

This holds so true for this book called "Life".

As for car paint maintance on a DD it is really the only approuch that will keep you sane. This is what I'm getting out of this tour of paint correction.;)

This is what I was afraid of. If I can get it so the swirls/micro marring are less noticeable via PC ( as hand polishing will not do the correction good enough ), then for a DD at 90% should be calling it job done.:D

I would agree with that. Just do the best you can and get to a point where it's acceptable to you. Your car will look better than 95% of the vehicles out there.

When I did my paint correction this Spring, I missed a couple of spots on the trunk. The hood was in good shape though so I was happy with the job I did. Now I got micro scratches on the hood. Next year I'll start over again.

I'm not a detailing junky like some. Not only am I too old, but I frankly don't want to put that much time into it. :) I have a black car and the scratches only appear in certain lighting conditions. I don't like it but I've learned to live with it.

I'm of the opinion that you'll never keep your car swirl free. Unless of course you work out on it every week. And to me correcting your finish is a lot of hard work and is not fun.

This is what I was afraid of. If I can get it so the swirls/micro marring are less noticeable via PC ( as hand polishing will not do the correction good enough ), then for a DD at 90% should be calling it job done.:D

I'm of the opinion that you'll never keep your car swirl free. Unless of course you work out on it every week. And to me correcting your finish is a lot of hard work and is not fun.

The more you touch the ride the more chances to mar the paint.

I used the FMP on my car in April. Just saw my hood in the bright sun, and the micro scratches are definitely returning. That's like four months. I'm driving my car like 4-5 days a week. Depressing really, especially thinking about all that work I put into it.

We're not talking about your mudder are we? :confused:

I have micro scratching reappearing on my G8. I don't care... I can fix them if I please but being a DD it doesn't really make a lot of sense to worry too much about it.

Chris

yes the mudder!! I have checked it multiple time with the Fenix TK11, using the right techniques and products is the key. I keep it sealed and have several coats of Americana, I keep up with reapplications as well. It's not perfect as I said before but you would be amazed how well it looks for what it has been through.

Just another example of the effectiveness of Adam's products!!!

Little micro scratchs will appear no matter what. It's just a matter of time. One thing people forget about that has an effect on the paint is just normal day-to-day driving. All the airborne particals, including dust, is like taking a small sand blaster to your finish everytime to take it out for a ride. It's just something we all have to deal with.

I haven't had to put a polisher to my car in almost 2 yrs, I have only 2 blemishes that can be seen without special lighting. :2thumbs:

We're not talking about your mudder are we? :confused:

I have micro scratching reappearing on my G8. I don't care... I can fix them if I please but being a DD it doesn't really make a lot of sense to worry too much about it.

Chris

In the Rust Belt you have little choice about Automatic Carwash and the Salty Months.. I for one have no heated garage or a way to wash so I am a slave to them for snow removal. With that in mind, I will be doing correction work EVERY Spring..

I think the clear coat and age of the car will have alot to do with this. If you have a 10 year old car with a thin/soft clear coat it can be weeks before you see anything again. If you have some high end car with a perfect top of the line paint job you can go longer.

Also color will have an effect im sure.

Im a noob but I think this will be hard to answer.

Thats very hard to say, there is alot of things that factor in.

Some people are more careful than others.

Like Ron said things to avoid will help you tremendously.

If and when they do come back you know that with Adam's products you are equipped to remove them.:thumbsup:

Are we talking swirls or micro scratches

Swirls are round patterns usually caused by an object rubbing in a circular pattern

Stay away from :

Automatic car washes

Sponges

Soiled microfiber towel

Cheapo microfiber towels

Single bucket hand washing of your vehicle

Chamois drying towels

Things that make you go Hmm....

I never gave that much thought till you mention it. Maybe more like "spiderwebbing" small light "swirls,spiderwebbing" is what I'm thinking of.

And of coarse as staying away from what you mentioned.

Are we talking swirls or micro scratches

Swirls are round patterns usually caused by an object rubbing in a circular pattern

Stay away from :

Automatic car washes

Sponges

Soiled microfiber towel

Cheapo microfiber towels

Single bucket hand washing of your vehicle

Chamois drying towels

I say "Do it right and your good for life"

While this goes without saying I can't image a DD in winter climates giving you a none swirl finish forever.

Now I'm not talking just a few swirls coming back, I'm talking about the time it takes to get a large number of swirls noticable in sunlight.

Archived