Customer Service 866.965.0400

I become snow blind everytime I PC my car!!??

Chadoo951

Question

Hey guys. This is true.

I have a 2009 Pontiac g8 gt. And every time im out trying to detail it my vision gets messed up. Everything starts to get soo bright that other things dim out of view. If anyone here has been up in the mountains when there is nothing but white. And you have no sun glasses, you know what I am talking about.

Drives me CRAZY. I got soo irritated today that I couldnt even finish the hood of my car. And put everything away frustrated and just wiped it down with detail spray. I NEED A GARAGE!!!!.

Dylan. Im coming over soon to bum yours off of you.

16 answers to this question

Thanks Guys!

White defiantly isnt as rewarding as detailing a black car. But man. You don't really have to detail a white car. White hides swirls so well. But ****. I miss the depth of the dark color cars. :glasses:

White only hides swirls when Im chasing them with the :pc: other than that I can ALWAYS see them :help:..

I have to wear my sunglasses when I do mine.. I cant do it in the garage as its too small and even with 1500 watts of light I cant see them! So I feel your pain!

And your car is STUNNING

Doesnt it make you mad!? I get so frustrated when I cant see anything LOL.

I have white as well and I'm not looking forword to when I finally get my PC and do some minor swirls correction as I can't see the swirls all that well, and yes they are there!

I see one of our members worked off a time thing on the polish break down. Once he had this figured out on a small section he was good to go.:rockon:

Thanks Brandi! I know that you know what I am talking about for sure being that you lived in Alaska. I hate the feeling lol. You cant see anything! Everything just turns into a white out. I am going to try it again today. It is overcast weather here at the beach where I live. So maybe that will help a bit.

Here are some pics as requested.

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

A shade 5 oxy/fuel glasses will work very well. I know because that's my business... lol. Dark as heck! We sell them in very fashionable designs now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have special sunglasses that I bought while in Alaska. It is very helpful when it comes to taking away that glare. I know exactly what you are talking about. IF you stare at it too long you can start to see white circles that spin around. I did that one time when I was driving a snow machine in the mountains and I forgot my coated glasses. DOH!

I agree though...shade is always better...If push comes to shove you can just use sunglasses and do what you need to do and then spot check it without the glasses. Make sense?

Chris...Chad's g8 is pretty sweet. He's got some nice mods on there too! :)

Best thing you can do is get yourself an easy up cover. I was at a place here in farm country called Farm & Fleet and they had a 10x10 on sale for 70 bucks!

Yesterday I was putting new sway bars on my G8 and needed sun protection. I grabbed our deck table and umbrella and put it next to the car for protection. Oh and I have a garage but it was a beautiful sunny day and I'd rather work outside.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived