Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Polish's - PICS - JUST POLISH - NO WAX - A+ RESULTS !!!

mikeg6045

Question

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I have posted. I've been hard at it rebuilding my tranny (LSD install), installing suspension, and swapping hardware and software (GT28RS/APR Stage 3 ECU) on my car. 95% of the work is done (still got to install different front brakes), but i'm about there. Results are 340 whp (385 crank hp) and 300 wtq (345 crank tq) - on a properly calibrated DynoJet.

This holiday weekend I started with a limited exterior detail. I really wanted to use the Swirl and Haze remover, but because of how thorough I am when it comes to detailing, I would have finished on Wednesday had I added that step. So for now, I just did a quick polish job for an event I want to attend in September. The car is not my DD, so it will sit in the garage.

The pictures here are shown with NO wax applied. I later added a coat of Americana for protection and to try and keep this shine in there.

So here is a list of the products and tools that i used

PRODUCTS

- Adams Car Shampoo - *

- Adams Waterless Wash - *

- Adams Detail Spray

- Adams All Purpose Cleaner - *

- Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner - to remove rust spots on hubs

- Adams Fine Machine Polish

- Adams Revive Polish

- Adams VRT - New formula - *

- Adams IN and OUT spray

- Adams Americana Paste Wax - the day after the pics where taken

- Adams Detailing Clay Bar - *

- Adams Glass Cleaner

While i'm very impressed with all of the Adams Products, there are some key ones that I am SUPER impressed with and would/could buy a five gallon container of them. Those products I have put a * next to. Those products really meet my needs that I am a stickler about. Amazing stuff.

Here are the tools that I used

ACCESSORIES

- Porter Cable 7424XP

- 2 Adams Buckets with Grit Guard and Gamma Seal

- Gilmour foam gun - (Adams on order on my next purchase)

- 2 Microfiber Chenille wash mitts

- 3 Great White Drying Towels

- 4 Adams While drying Towel

- 12 Adams Waterless Wash Towels

- 9 Adams Double Soft Premium Towels

- 2 Adams Microfiber applicators - To clean exhaust

- Adams Super Block Sponge's.

- Adams Pro tire applicator

- Adams Premium backing plate's - Large and Small

- 2 Adams white 7.5'' Fine Machine Polish pads

- 2 Adams white Fine Machine Polish focus pads

- Adams Boars Hair Wheel brush

- Adams Fender brush

- Adams Hex Americana Applicator

- 3m masking tape

I started out washing the car and drying it off with a mist of detail spray. I then clayed most parts of the car (it was in great condition and I was basically wasting my time, as I clayed it last month)(and its stays indoors).

I then completely misted down the car in Waterless wash , and gave it another quick detail. I again dried the car off and hit all the cracks with my 150 PSI air compressor. There was absolutely no water on the car anywhere. And I was confident that I had removed most if not all wax that was on the car.

Next up I used some detail spray on the wheels to gloss them up (works great), and I hit the tires with VRT (new formula). That was all I was going to VRT for now.

Next up I did the entire car in FMP. At a setting of 5. with the car taped off. First 2 pass with pressure, and the next 2 with little pressure. I was using 4 back and forth motions and considering that 1 section pass. I did 1 section pass on each panel over the entire car.

After that I again completely Waterless washed the entire car down, panel for panel. (did i say that I LOVE this stuff!!! It has some serious cleaning power that the detail spray does not, and Leaves a really clean finish)

I then used the Revive Polish with the blue hex hand pad. Then wiped it down, and hit the car AGAIN with a mist of Waterless wash.

And thats where I was at when I snapped these pictures.

After taking the pictures I did a few more things. I applied a coat of Americana, used VRT in every spot possible that was plastic or vinyl (on the exterior), and then cleaned the windows with Adams Glass Cleaner.

HERE ARE THE PICTURES. I WOULD AGAIN LIKE TO ADD THAT THIS CAR HAS NO WAX ON IT. ZERO.

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

Archived